No audio device intalled error

Open up Device Manager
On the "High Definition Audio Device" when it has the yellow exclamation, do the following:
Right click -> Properties -> Details tab
Post the following info for each item that has a yellow exclamation mark:
Under "Hardware Ids" in the dropdown, it should have something like VEN_####&DEV#### ; post that section, where #### = some alphanumeric combination.

I have two "High Definition Audio Device" with a yellow exclamation mark. Here is the info you inquired about for the first one:
HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0269&SUBSYS_10250511&REV_1001
HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0269&SUBSYS_10250511

For the second one:
HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_8086&DEV_2805&SUBSYS_80860101&REV_1000
HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_8086&DEV_2805&SUBSYS_80860101

First one:
Realtek

2nd one may be related to chipset and/or Intel GPU drivers. Have you installed these from Intel's site?

First one:
Realtek

2nd one may be related to chipset and/or Intel GPU drivers. Have you installed these from Intel's site?

I have tried downloading new drivers, but since then i have restored my system so i no longer have those new realtek files downloaded. I have nothing audio wise downloaded to my computer. So it's just stock, the drivers from windows 8

Then redownload them and try reinstalling them ;).

Then go onto Intel's site and you can just run their updater utility to find the correct drivers.

Then go onto Intel's site and you can just run their updater utility to find the correct drivers.

I'm having an issue <.< When i download the driver, the setup won't run. I'll click on it in my downloads and it says windows can't support this. I know it's the correct driver too, from the gateway website same model cp same operating system everything

Do you mean for the Realtek driver? Just use the link that I gave you, and download the correct driver from the list (x64 or x86).

I got it to run. Maybe i don't know how to correctly set up a new driver? Is there any more steps after running it? Like extracting or moving a file or adding a device to device manager? Any advice helps!

Assuming you're talking about the Realtek one... it should just install as far as I know.

First one:
Realtek

I tried running the original software from my cp's manufacture's website, but after it "uninstalled HD device" it told me it would reboot than continue the instal. I rebooted than the instal started, but it didn't finish and i received an error. So i will try from the link you said. Do i download the executable file or ZIP file?

I'd just do the executable.

I guess it won't install by itself - it sounds like it will just extract the driver files to a directory.

Then you can open up Device Manager -> find your audio device -> Properties -> Driver tab -> Update driver... -> browse my computer option -> point it to the directory where the driver files were extracted.

This is assuming it won't auto install for you.

Back
Top Bottom