New Keyboard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tim

Sir Timothy
I've just bought a ESI Keycontrol 49+ Keyboard (its only midi, no speakers of its own) for use with Sibelius.
I have it set up so that what i play is written out by Sibelius.
However, the is quite some lag in between me pressing the key and hearing the note, making playing quite difficult.
I've messed around with some settings and have managed to get latency down to 21.33 ms, but with no noticeable difference :(
I don't have a soundcard, and the keyboard is connected via usb, however a light appears on my Sibelius mini player when i press the key (with no lag), so i'm fairly sure thats not at fault...

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated :)
Thanks
Tim

It is a good keyboard, i pickd mine up off ebay for £70.00, its only 4 octaves but it has buttons to set them higher and lower, increasing the range.

Ans i'll try those drivers, thanks

I tryed the drivers, and both Sibelius and Cubase are playing through them,
but i still have latency, it's really annoying!
Anyone else got any suggestions?

Thanks
Tim

edit: On the control panel for the ASIO drivers it says latency is down to 5.8 ms

5.8 is gosh darn good. You don't have something setup correctly in the settings somewhere. I'm not sure you realize how fast 5.8ms is... thats the best you're gonna get without buying expensive zero-latency equipment.

What program are you using?

Yeh, i mean i don't actually know. But a bit of logic tells you 5.8ms is stupidly quick. your reactions are at the very fastest 100ms, your eyes and ears are quicker than this ofcourse, maybe 1/10th of that. Your monitor dispalys whatever you do at 8ms usually, and you can't see or hear a lag in that..

somethings wrong, maybe just try and set it all up again.

Yeah, it should be insanely quick
But through the earphones, you hear the note at the same time as you hear the key returning to its resting position, making fast melodies impossible top play :(

I'll try reseting everything...

By the way, by reset - i mean reinstall everything. Check all the audio options are as they should be in Control panel, and your audio software. Double checking never does any harm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom