Need help modifying my PC into a recording studio computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

fallenapples

In Runtime
I am a new comer to the audio world. I want to upgrade my computer and turn in it in a studio recording computer in order to prepare for an audio school I will be attending in the winter. I know my computer isn't very powerful, but it is all I have to work with and I would prefer to upgrade it, because I like doing the labour work. I will be receiving the parts you guys request through my friend who owns a computer store. The computer I'm going to be modifying is a HP D330 ST (small form factor) Celeron 2.4 GHz, 512MB RAM and a 40 GB HD, with an integrated video and sound card. Could someone please help me answer the following questions: how much more RAM should I add? How big of a hard drive should I obtain? Is a graphics card needed? If so why? And most importantly which SOUND CARD should I purchase? Creative, Dynex, ASUS etc. Which brand of speakers should I get? Finally what kind of software and tools will I be required for recording live? Microphones, head phones, input, outputs etc. I have recently just purchased both, Pro tools and Cubase ready to install on my pc once it is all ready to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom