mic wont work at all

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brody

Solid State Member
I have a A7n8x deluxe and it seems no mic will work at all anymore.

I was using onboard sound, and the mic work perfectly, then all of a sudden stopped. No changes made, just stopped working. Thought it was the mic, and bought a new one, and nothing.

Installed a sound blaster Live 5.1, and the mic still does not work.

Is it possible that the mobo has been shorted or something. Why wouldnt it work with a new sound card?

I have checked all the settings, and gone over everything multiple times. Should I flash the bios? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Uninstalled, and reinstalled everything. It's really wierd. I have built and worked on alot of pc's, and this has me stumped. It's like the mobo decided it was not going to accept a mic.

I have tried multiple mic's, headsets. Next I will try a usb mic.

I would try a repair of windows first, then if that doesn't solve it a reformat. Then if that doesn't solve it then we know its related to motherboard.

Are you sure you disabled onboard sound through the CMOS?

Onboard sound is disabled, and this is the 2nd or 3rd format without the mic working. I was hoping by installing the sound card I would fix the problem.

Maybe I'll try another reformatt.

The board is a few years old. It was my old comp, I was setting it up as a second gaming machine for my friends to play on while their over. I dont think I can RMA it. Have you ever encountered something like this before?

Thanks for the replies.

No I have never encountered a problem like this. But by the process of "process and elimination" it would most likely be the the fault of the motherboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom