.iso or .avi?

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is only one thing that is never subjective in audio, Interconnects make no difference :D most of you except eric won't have any idea why i just said that hehe.

Van den Hul interconnects on my equipment for ages, cable talk biwired speakers, even the mains cables on my hi-fi / home-cinema are aftermarket, and I also have a pair of vintage Quad ESLs that I inherited, a Mitchell Gyrodec deck, etc. among my contemporary kit. I've been a hi-fi buff for almost all of my 33 years of life, and my father was one before me. Some of us actually do know a bit about this, and I am writing this lightheartedly and with a smile on my face, so please do not take it the wrong way!

Oh and of course that interconnects do make a difference. :D

First of all, the one turning this into a peeing match with obvious hostility is you in this post, I have been very civil all around, and I will stay that way, since my only intention is helping the OP. You even imply that this whole thing "should have been dropped" when you replied!

If you read the OP's post, he is talking about "immortalising" his collection. If your suggestion for "immortalising" is using a highly lossy codec that was brought upon us in the times of the humble modem and 10Gb hard drives, then I think I am not the one that should refrain from giving my opinion, since what you are proposing is antiquated and absurd.

EDIT: Would you please be so kind to share your wisdom with me and tell me what the heck do hardware encoders have to do with this whole post and the OP's questions? I have already agreed with you that hardware encoding obviously gives better quality results in a previous post.

you turned this into a peeing match when after you responded again after I tried to explain it to you nicely what I meant and you were wrong both times. you corrected me the first time and you were wrong. then you did again

tell me how the video isn't great quality for a file size that is that small? as it was explain to you by other people here, great can mean a wide variety of things. it didn't have to mean your version of great. yet you just had to keep being an arse

Hardware encoder came up when I was explaining them to oreo on how you can use them to achieve a great video in a small size. autogk can work with them if you configure it right

then you are also claiming to know about true hardware encoders. then you would know that if I shrink a DVD 5 to 700 megs that 95% of the world couldn't tell the difference in a frame by frame match up. you don't need a frame by frame match up with software encoders as any idiot can obviously see the difference.

since you are the habit of correcting people when you don't know what you are talking about, I guess that you don't know that DVD is a compress lossy format too.

so if you want to be a technical arse, that video isn't great either

Van den Hul interconnects on my equipment for ages, cable talk biwired speakers, even the mains cables on my hi-fi / home-cinema are aftermarket, and I also have a pair of vintage Quad ESLs that I inherited, a Mitchell Gyrodec deck, etc. among my contemporary kit. I've been a hi-fi buff for almost all of my 33 years of life, and my father was one before me. Some of us actually do know a bit about this, and I am writing this lightheartedly and with a smile on my face, so please do not take it the wrong way!

Oh and of course that interconnects do make a difference. :D

I done with you. you just showed your intelligence level here. next thing you will be saying is that your optical and hdmi cable is better than mine.

I'd come up with an equally incoherent reply but I'm laughing too hard. You seriously need to take a chill pill and lighten up a bit.

that would be this

I could quote no end of hi-fi and music gurus, specialized magazines and books that would probably be more of a measure for this than me and you and who agree on the cables / quality thing, but I supposed anyone with an IQ higher than your typical room temperature would kinda addup how "serious" I wanted that comment to be after I added the smiley after it - and my general tone in that message.

I'm out of this thread, too much nonsense and pointless agression for my taste. I am more of a "politely disagreeing" person as opposed to "vehemently agressive with those that dispute my opinions". Good day to you sir.

post the idiots who justify to themselves the spending thousands of Dollar on cables. an internet forum doesn't make you right. you will just have a bunch of dummies backing you up.

go research digital output

it passes a signal to another component.
you lose no degradation of quality until you reach 500 or 5000 miles, then an distibution amplifier can restore it.

now on the other end of the chain, you can and will hear a difference in stereo equipment. that DAC
handles the signals that the digital connector send to it from the other digital component.

if the cable add anything to it, then it's called distortion. now you can hear a different in some odd lot cable which is high in Resistance because it was made with cheap materials. you can hear some difference is some super high end cable because the capacitance is so high that it changes the signal

Now I already told you what that is called

Can you incoherent that?

I don't know why I am doing this, since I've already seen that there is no reasoning with you, but you do realise that I was talking about analogue interconnects and speaker cables, don't you? And you do realise that the cable thing was a lighthearted post, which I specifically highlighted? And you do realise that the words "immortalise my collection" and "space is irrelevant" are in the OPs post?

I don't know why I am doing this, since I've already seen that there is no reasoning with you, but you do realise that I was talking about analogue interconnects and speaker cables, don't you? And you do realise that the cable thing was a lighthearted post, which I specifically highlighted? And you do realise that the words "immortalise my collection" and "space is irrelevant" are in the OPs post?

I guess that you missed this. I purposely bait you into showing your stupidity.

I done with you. you just showed your intelligence level here. next thing you will be saying is that your optical and hdmi cable is better than mine.

but the same can basically be said with decent analog connection too. are long as they are decently made there is no difference in sound quality either

I have some thousand dollar speaker wires that came with my old thiel cs 2.7 speakers. I still use that wire because it look nice and came with my speakers. but it sounds no better than zip cord

And you do realise that the words "immortalise my collection" and "space is irrelevant" are in the OPs post?

I was basically telling him to don't waste his time because I've been there done that. then I decided to make better use of my hdd space and I deleted every last one of those dvds images so it turned out to be a wasted effort

wasn't you done posting?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom