IDIOT cant burn a CD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reddog

Beta member
OK I cant burn a stupid cd. I have made a few, that will play on my pc, but none that will play in other devices. Heres the facts.

win xp
nero 6 trial
justlink aopen cdrw5232
i yr old pc built for me by proshop
using this time memorex cd-rw 4x700-80 discs

I often get a speed error in nero 4x.
When i do make a cd, most players give error, or cd not finalized.

I am trying to save a few songs i got online from limewire. Maybe 8 tracks.

I can not find new drivers for the drive.

The last time when i made sure i had selected finalize, i got the error disc speed.

I can play all these files win mp, realplayer, and nero.

when i try to burn with media player i get Windows Media Player cannot burn the files to the CD. Verify that the disc is clean and not damaged. If necessary, select a slower recording speed or try a different brand of blank discs.

real player will only go down to 8x,, at it gives me The inserted disc cannot be read. Please ensure that your disc is clean and undamaged or insert another disc. (1003)

thanks for the help, it sucks having all this tech, and not being able to use it.

if i'm not mistaken,most cd players cant play cd-rw.
try a slower speed.in nero you can select the speed.
try differant brand(s) of cd's.writers are sometime picky about which media you use.

first of all... i use memorex cd's all the time in some of the crapiest and stock cdrw drives... So your error isn't with your cd's or your cdburner... it's prolly with the programs your using... see i've never used trial anything... Nero is the only burning program i use to burn cd's and most cd players will play cdrw's ... haven't found one that has a problem.. car audio, home audio... anything... trying legalizing your nero copy some how...

Thanks

I'll try nero's full version. Thanks for the input, I will keep you posted. Shawn is probably right on, but thats why i thought i'd ask here.

OK made one

Well i made one that worked. Bought some Philips CD-R Music discs. Even messed up and recorded at 52x, but it works in the car and home stereo. Must be a disc thing.

WinXP has built in CD-R/RW burning abilites. They are really quick and easy to use drag n' drop interface. Easy to use and fast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom