Hooking up AIWA Stereo to my Comp

Status
Not open for further replies.

pwnographer

Solid State Member
Hey guys I have something of a basic question to ask all of you because I am such a n00b.

I've got an AIWA stereo in my room from 1997 that I want to hook up to my computer because the speakers it came with SUCK! The unit is a simple 3 CD changer, tape player/ fm radio with 2 giant speakers hooked up to it. The comp is a fairly new Dell and has all kinds of inputs coming from the sound card (Headset, Mic, and a blue one that says IN). My Aiwa has inputs that are red and white and say line out, Video/Aux, and MD.

How would I hook the stereo up to the computer so that when I play music on my comp it comes out of my AIWA stereo? Would I buy a long Y cable and plug from the red and white inputs on the AIWA to my blue IN input on my comp? What is the cable called exactly? I would really appreciate any help on this :)

Thx this is my first post on these forums EVAR :D

if you already have the cable(RCA),you just need a y connector.
radioshack have them.

**** yea i got one like u suggested Eric B with a straight input and everything works! I even got my small speakers to run with it if I want for double teh ownage! Thanks for your help guys :) Seriously I love u all

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom