Home Recording: Building new computer!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

OneEyedEd

Baseband Member
Hey everyone, I do quite a bit of Home Recording (personal hobby) and I've decided that my laptop that I use for school just isn't cutting it anymore, not for the Recording or the games I want to play. Anyway I use a Mbox 2 mini and Protools...

My question is does my computer need anything specific for the Home Recording? I want to keep my budget under 1000$ for the whole computer but I'm wondering if I need to invest in a good quality sound card or does the Mbox take care of that? Obviously I want something that will work for both the gaming and the Music... I was looking at

Newegg.com - Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Professional 70SB088600002 7.1 Channels 24-bit 96KHz PCI Express x1 Interface Sound Card

but I'm not sure that will cut it for the music end, any ideas/tips would be great. Thanks.

P.S. As far as Audio equipment I don't have any mixers or anything of that sort that I use at the moment I just plug my mic and instruments into the Mbox.

The mbox does all the work so long as your running your input through usb.

Pretty much any pc will work but i would suggest something with quad core and atleast 4gb of ram.
But no sound card will be necessary if your using a usb recording interface but you can always get one so you can get better audio playback.
If you were to get one the fatal1ty is more than powerful enough.

pretty much the mbox is all you really need

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom