Hi-fi speakers to PC audio Jack

Status
Not open for further replies.

darkmonk

Solid State Member
Just a quick question...

Is it at all possible to connect a hi-fi speaker to a pc audio jack? I've already tried cutting and connecting, but I cant seem to get sound out.

The connectors on the hi-fi speaker are just two silver wires and normally clip to the back of the hi-fi.

I would appriciate someone letting me know if this is possible, thanks!

ahhhhh...yes and no. There is really no point to doing that. If you have hifi speakers you must have an stereo amp, right? You simply patch your computer audio signal out from you puter 1/8" to RCA stereo (red and white) and hook it into the aux inputs of your stereo receiver. Your sound card is not built to push those speakers. you need amplification!!!

FULL HOW TO

Yah what u can do is (ive done this before) go to the dollar store and buy a 3.5 mm headphone jack to left(white) and right(red) rca connector.

Like this...

B00021ENY6.01-A1VC38T7YXB528.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Next move your whole system to your computer (or just get a really long cable) and connect the headphone part....

A117A.jpg

and plug that into your audio out port of your soundcard most often colour coded green.

Next take the left and right rca connector...

stereo-rca-end.jpg

and plug these into your stereo's AUX, CD, VIDEO 1;2;3, TAPE etc...

HK3480back.jpg

shown in the bottom left hand corner...

Connect your speakers to the receiver and then plug the reciever in to the wall. Turn your reciever on and set it to AUX, CD, VIDEO 1;2;3, TAPE whatever you connected the PC to.

Play a song on the computer with the computers main at half and the wave at full volume. Now you can adjust the volume on your stereo receiver to what you want to listen to it at.

ENJOY BLASTING YOUR MUSIC :cool:!!

Ahhhh.....that's what I already told him but the pictures are awesome! Great illustration!!!

Wow, thanks so much computerwiz, I grabbed a 3.5mm jack to 2 phono RCA from ebay, I didn't know that they existed :)

Thanks again.

Re: FULL HOW TO

computerwiz_222 said:
Yah what u can do is (ive done this before) go to the dollar store and buy a 3.5 mm headphone jack to left(white) and right(red) rca connector.

Like this...

B00021ENY6.01-A1VC38T7YXB528.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Next move your whole system to your computer (or just get a really long cable) and connect the headphone part....

A117A.jpg

and plug that into your audio out port of your soundcard most often colour coded green.

Next take the left and right rca connector...

stereo-rca-end.jpg

and plug these into your stereo's AUX, CD, VIDEO 1;2;3, TAPE etc...

HK3480back.jpg

shown in the bottom left hand corner...

Connect your speakers to the receiver and then plug the reciever in to the wall. Turn your reciever on and set it to AUX, CD, VIDEO 1;2;3, TAPE whatever you connected the PC to.

Play a song on the computer with the computers main at half and the wave at full volume. Now you can adjust the volume on your stereo receiver to what you want to listen to it at.

ENJOY BLASTING YOUR MUSIC :cool:!!

Hi.

so I'm old and not too tech savvy when it comes to Computers.

I do have a hi-end stereo in the Cougar; however, I'd like to utilize the Notebook PC and Home Receiver which we recently purchased.

I tried this method as all the sale guys suggested it as well.

I have a HeadPhoneOut-to-RCA cable connected to the Tape/MDD? input on the Receiver coming from the Headphone out of the Notebook

unfortunately, a loud low hum comes thru the speakers.

I'm using a COMPAQ Presario 3019US Notebook and Yamaha receiver, forget the model number 610B ?..w/e.

I'm not sure I had the WAVE? on Max but I tried the PC volume at various levels; but the noise stayed the same level, real low frequency.

Please help me!
I don't want to fry anything.

thanks.

look for a line out plug as the headphone part will have a little bit on amplification.

if that don't work, buy a groud loop rca adapter

Put your notebook on a powerbar

The hum is from dirty hydro. You need to put your notebook on a power bar or surge protector. This will eliminate the hum. I understand that the headphones out has amplification, that is why your master volume is turned down to half. This will not cause a hum just distortion, if you get distortion, just turn down your master volume on your pc and turn up the stereo reciever.

after googling and browsing this sight and finally starting to absorb some information, I thought the problem might be caused by having the Notebook plugged into a different outlet than the receiver. I've now got everything on the same Surge-Protector-8-outlet strip and the hum is gone, (except once I completely stop the music, after a few seconds a quieter him can be heard - but it's not there when material is played. I've listened for it with the volume way down. So, it's cool)

As far as the Master Volume, I can put it all the way up w/o noticeable distortion (?). I guess the input voltage range is wide on the receiver (?). Or I suck at detecting. lol.

thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom