Help me BUY mp3's

Status
Not open for further replies.

WeGotSnakes

Solid State Member
I need help finding a good program to use for buying mp3's.

Before anyone yells "iTunes!" I do not use an iPod, nor do I want to even consider installing iTunes.

One option a friend gave me was napster. More specifically he sent me this link as a "lol check it out": www.napstergirl.com but afterwards I was reading up on the new Napster. Anyone know if it's any good?

Offer up your opinions on Napster or any better music buying service if you know of them.

Why would you pay money for music that has had it's quality reduced more than 11x from the original?

Oh please, FLAC is 100% quality at half the size, don't give me that 10% of the file size = 10% of the quality crap.

Flac and other lossless formats do not touch the audio data. To compress the file it basicly works like a zip file and compresses all the data, and when you play it, it is decompressed on the fly. MP3s and other lossy formats get their small size because they actually remove audio data.

If you are purchasing FLAC files then it might be worth the money.

Oh ok, so which programs have FLAC downloads for cheap? How can I tell if, say, Napster has FLAC files?

www.allofmp3.com like 5 cents per song, whatever format you want

You can download them as .wav files if you want, but generally the bigger the file, the more it costs with them, as the more bandwidth it uses. I think .wav's are like 30 cents, flac is like 20 cents, mp3 is usualyl like 2 to 5 cents.

Napster sells you encrypted "DRM'd" music. This is bad because you cannot do whatever you want with it, and it limits you. This is so they can make the most money. They charge $1 per song, wheras www.allofmp3.com sells you unencrypted music, and lets you do whatever you want with it, play it with whatever music player you want, burn it on whatever you want as many times as you want, and its 5 cents per song. How is there any other option?
www.allofmp3.com

As far as I know, www.allofmp3.com is the only place you can buy music in whatever format you want, whatever bitrate you want, etc. You choose the encoding, and if the files don't already exist, it is encoded and will send you an email or message when it's ready to download. It usually takes like 2 minutes per album.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom