Help, I want extreme Bass..Surround sound.. etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TaskTool

In Runtime
So I just finished building my computer, I spend around 460 bucks total.

And when I went for a drive with my brother, he put on some music, and with the speakers in the back of his car, when he turned everything up, and had the bass going, it was so loud and it shook the ground like hulk was jumping up and down, and the music was so good it was almost orgasmic.

I had just discovered music. And I was wondering if I can have this ground shaking bass, extreme surround sound in my room hooked up to my computer somehow.

And if so, would it equate to me needing to buy a new sound card, as well as the speaker system?

I am desperate, I loved that music so much, anybody who has knowledge in this area, and can instruct me on what I need to buy to produce this orgasmic ground pounding heaven I call music, please tell me.

I will definetely be buying everything and hooking it up to my computer, and I want to spend the least amount of money possible. Thanks.

Yes you would need a Sound Card, a Reciever, Speakers and the whole shot to do what you want with this. The speakers alone are going to run you a fair bit of cash to get good speakers that sound right and dont distort.

So to do it and spend the least amount of money possible, wont work. Plain and simple. You can get a surround sound speaker set for a PC and use that. But if you are serious about your music you dont want those toys. If you really do love your music so much you wont want to cheap out on a $50 set of speakers when they will pop and crack and hiss at you when you try to turn them up. Then blow out.

Yes you would need a Sound Card, a Reciever, Speakers and the whole shot to do what you want with this. The speakers alone are going to run you a fair bit of cash to get good speakers that sound right and dont distort.

So to do it and spend the least amount of money possible, wont work. Plain and simple. You can get a surround sound speaker set for a PC and use that. But if you are serious about your music you dont want those toys. If you really do love your music so much you wont want to cheap out on a $50 set of speakers when they will pop and crack and hiss at you when you try to turn them up. Then blow out.

Yeah, seems you speak the truth.

Yes i am speaking the truth. The facts are this.

A decent set of PC 5.1 speakers will run you around $150. Maybe less if you find them on sale on a site.

Add into that a good sound card that has teh decoding for DD, DTS and all those built in (If desired) or a sound card that is 5.1 but doesnt have those options since you are going to be hooking it up a separate way. That will run you $60 or more for the card.

Then comes the Receiver. Now this you cant really skim out on. You will need one that does the 5.1 that you want (Or 7.1) and can output a steady Watt per channel of 100 or more. For this you couldnt use the PC Speaker set as they have different connectors and they are not the best to use. So you would have to get the best sounding speakers for yourself.

This is where opinions will vary. As there are so many that people will vary widely. But i have used B&W and i think they are fantastic. But they are not cheap. A set of 2 speakers alone can run $250 or more. now you will need 2 sets and a Center Channel that is sealed so that it doesnt affect your monitors, and a Sub that outputs what you want.

Take all of that into consideration and there is no way that you can do it for as cheap as possible without skimping out on something somewhere. At some point you are going to have to save up or dig deep to get the pieces you want or need to accomplish your goal to suit your needs.

I maybe wrong and you may find the stuff you need that works for you at yard sales or Craig's List or something like that. Possibly even ebay. But after having built a few Home Theater systems in my day along with wanting to have good sound, it is a combination that isnt good when used with cheap hardware.

Best analogy i can think of would be to have a Corvette Body but a Lawnmower engine in it. While it may look great, once tested it will show its true colors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom