HDTV Suggestion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hefemeister

Lord Techie,
Well I believe it is time for a new HDTV as I sold my old one prior to moving to Sweden.

Looking for 1080p 40" to 47"
I believe that I want to go with a LCD over Plasma but am up for any recommendation.

I will be using my old computer as a pseudo htpc for it.

My main gaming will be with my new computer on my 24" Samsung but knowing me I will hook my main computer up to it from time to time to see crysis and others on the big screen.

What should I be looking for?
What should I avoid?

Budget $1000 to $1500 but prices in Sweden are a little higher than the US and I may not be able to get all models available in the US.

Thanks for your time and help.

Actually I forgot to mention that I am a fan of samsung.

I looked at it real quick and it appeared to only have a vga input versus a dvi input.

Is this correct?

Would a vga to dvi adapter effect the quality when running it off my 7800gtx?
My plan was to run video via a dvi cable and until I get a tuner run audio from a minijack to rca cable.
Would this work fine?

I'm a big Samsung fan too. They seem to have really high quality monitors and TVs. This guy at work just got Best Buy's brand (Dynex) 47" LCD for $600 US. I was a little meh until I actually saw it. I was very impressed. I don't know how'd you get something from BB to Sweden though :-/

If you can afford one the 120hz TVs look quite a bit better IMO.

Newegg.com - SAMSUNG ToC 40" 1080p 120Hz LCD HDTV w/ DNIe - LN40A750
Newegg.com - LG 42" 16:9 2.7ms 1080p 120Hz LCD HDTV 42LH50
Newegg.com - SHARP AQUOS 46" 16:9 4ms 1080p 120Hz LCD HDTV LC-46E77U

Are Vizio's available in your area?

There are amazing 47" or 42" XVT series models that have 1080p, 120hz, 5ms, 4hdmi, etc. They are also highly praised for having about the best sound a standard TV speaker system can have, called SRS TruSurround.

Did I mention that in USD they cost only $1099 (42") and $1399 (47")?

I currently have an older 32" Vizio and my next upgrade will be the 47" XVT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom