Earbuds trick!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oreo

-Deactivated-
I discovered this about a week ago, and havn't looked back since.

Most earbuds have a rubber peice that you place in the air, you can usually pull this off to reveal a small tube with a hardcloth filter over it. One of my earbuds was getting notabley quiter, so while cleaning up the end i accidentally put a whole in the end of it. But, i put it in my ear, it instantly sounded much better. better bass, better higher frequencies (less recessed), overall about 10percent louder. It was better in every category. So i got a small pin, and poked a small whole in my other earbud filter to. Same thing happened !

They definitely sound better now, and i've not noticed a single side effect from putting a whole in this filter, and i wear them from 5pm to about 12am every night on my PC - they get alot of useage.

I advise you to try this, but i must stress. If you screw your earbuds up, don't blame me. Also, be very careful when doing this, the actuall speakers/drivers/daighrams are under this filter, about 3 to 7mm away! So be very careful when making a whole. Also, on a side not, i actually just leave my headphones in my trouser pockers to clean the earwax from them in the washing machine :D Although.. i really do not advise this, i only figured they don't effect MY headphones after doing it several times accidentally. They may break yours, that said, they are only magnets and wire's - very little electronics, and with no power on them - you'd struggle to damage them, unless water got inside and couldn't get out. But this is impossible with mine, as they have a large hole in the back to let air in and out.

By the way, if you are confused : i mean the tube bit between the actual earbud and the rubber bit that you put in your ear - clearly seen in this pic.

vibe_duo7.jpg

Very nice. I will try this because one of my earbuds' volume level is extremely low. Only the left one. It is irritating for a pair that is only 9 months old. I will let you know how it goes.

Okay, good luck ! As i said though, all headphones are different in design. what works for me may not work for you ;) Hopefully it wil though.

It may be a fault and problem with your actuall earbud though, maybe i was just lucky that my pinhole solution somehow fixed it. It was practically silent whilst the other was loud, and a hole about twice the size of a pin needle made an astonishing difference. It's almost like there was a problem with airpressure inside ? not to sure.

Yeah I am hoping it is not a problem with the earbud. I have tried it with many different devices so I know something is up with it.

Could just be clogged with massive amounts of ear wax. :p

I will be the guinea pig on a pair of mid range logitechs.

Edit: prior to the pinprick I would say volume was at 20% of the other earbud. Post pinprick it is at 80% of the other earbud. Good enough not to need a new pair now.

Thanks Oreo.

Glad it worked hefemeister, maybe clean them up a bit more and make a slightly bigger hole to get it even louder ?

Also, how's it sound ? as good as the other or better quality. Mine definitely improved the sounds quality.

sound quality was not as good and the volume was still a bit lower. I made 5 decent sized pinpricks and cleaned it. I did not do it to my other one so I could compare.

With that said it is 100% better than it was.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom