DVD problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

yeahjazz

Beta member
Hello all. I'm in search of an answer that is completly stumped me, though thats not too hard. I recently purchased a new computer and its great. Plays DVD's wonderfully. I recently got two new concert DVD's. Dream theater "live at budokan" and Stevie ray vaughan. Both i have seen at home, so they work, and they arent bootlegs. THough, i can't get them to play on my computer. Now, i can get Stevie's to play, though it wouldnt yesterday. Dream theater still doesn't work. I don't think its a region code problem, cause it doesnt even recognize that a DVD is in the drive at all. It just spins three times, and stops after each time, then stops spinning all together. Both DVD's (there are two from dream theater) dont work, yet I can still play two other concert DVD's on my computer. Why would this happen? Is it really to the point where they are so protected from copying music, that i can't even watch the damn DVD on my computer at all?? any suggestions would be helpful. sorry for the novel, but the whole reason i purchased these dvd's were to play on my computer! many thanks!

yeahjazz,

IMO,

DVD's have these + or - properties. Most of the drives reads +R well or -R well or both. So I got two suggestions for you,

1) Get the firmware update for your dvd-rom from the manufacturer site and update it.
2) Get someother DVD software player like , winDVD or powerDVD

intercodes said:
yeahjazz,

IMO,

DVD's have these + or - properties. Most of the drives reads +R well or -R well or both. So I got two suggestions for you,

1) Get the firmware update for your dvd-rom from the manufacturer site and update it.
2) Get someother DVD software player like , winDVD or powerDVD

i agree..... nothing is better than an update..if that doesn't work and powerdvd.....i don't really know what would:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom