Digitalize Audio Cassettes??

Status
Not open for further replies.

nightwalkerxt

Baseband Member
I have some Magnetic Tapes (cassettes) that i want to digitalize an burn into a CD, I have the computer (duh!), a sound card and the CD-RWer, but what do I need to do the digitalization?, I mean I have to send the audio stream from the tape player into the computer and then use some software to record it, how is this exactly done???

Let's clear some stuff here:
1) I'm talking about audio casette tapes!
2) If I use a stereo (audio casette player) which output jack I have to connect to the computer? and in which jack in the computer? it's in some of the sound card jacks?
3) Once I get the phisical conection done. Which software do I use to read the audio stream from the input jack and into some digital media?

ok, these are the steps that may help u:
1. first you need to connect line out jack from ur audio cassette player to line in jack on your sound card. if your audio cassette player don't have such line out jack, you can use its headphone jack.
2. you need good software for easier use and better recording quality. i always use sonic foundry sound forge 7 and it's really good.
3. then u turn on ur audio cassette to check if anything is correct. if there is no sound, u need to unmute your line in volume in windows sound properties. then u run soundforge 7, go to its option to choose what sources are u recording, choose line in. and there you go, you can start recording then.

nice post WeHa, that's very helpful information ;)

nightwalkerxt I use soundforge too. you can splice, edit, crop your recording with it. Remember to save it as a wave file .WAV and make a normal music CD in your burning program. Than drop those wave files in the oder you want. delete those files when you're done, they take up a lot of space.

You can also use simple recording software like the built in recorder (found in start menu/programs/accessories/entertainment) or Musicmatch Jukebox, but it would be better to edit the audio to clean it up. You can also download the songs off the internet if you just want the songs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom