DELL e510 ---->> audio & video

Status
Not open for further replies.

ncjimn

In Runtime
hi, it feels good to be back:

anyway, i bought a dell e510, but i (at the moment of purchase) selected video & audio cards (not onboard). These cards are PCI-express and work properly.

now comes my question:

do the integrated audio & video still work? if so, how can I use them. i basically want to use the 2 sound "devices", and maybe I can use the extra video out for something.

i guess all the specs you need are on dell's support page.

Dells typically automatically disable the built-in devices when add-on are put in. So no you most likely canÂ’t use both.

ok, how can i disable the soundcard and switch to the built-in one?

i don't care about the graphics one

Crysalis said:
even if they are enabled, you can't use both. Windows does not support two simultaneous sound cards.

I'm not so sure about this.

when i had a laptop i used an external usb sound card, and some times i used them both (external and integrated) simultaneoulsly.

for example i would play music from itunes on my headphones and a movie in WMP and listen to audio via the external sound card.

but maybe external sound cards work differently.

ncjimn said:
I'm not so sure about this.

when i had a laptop i used an external usb sound card, and some times i used them both (external and integrated) simultaneoulsly.

for example i would play music from itunes on my headphones and a movie in WMP and listen to audio via the external sound card.

but maybe external sound cards work differently.

only because that device was usb, so windows didn't automatically shut the other down

I have a dell 4600 machine, and I CAN enable or disable onboard sound when I want within the bios. It will say either sound ON/OFF. If you want to utilize soundcard use OFF. If not, make it ON. Also I think you must be sure that you are using the blue onboard sound plug to your speakers I think.

yeah, the BIOS worked.

now i am using the onboard audio.

i guess i can do the same with video (maybe I have to remove the video card). But I like it the way it is.

thanks

With dells, all you need to do is remove the video card and it will automatically switch to onboard when you turn it back on after removal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom