Copying music onto a CD to play in the car

Status
Not open for further replies.

rtf761

Beta member
I've tried playing a CD on the computer, saving the files, then transferring them onto a CD.

The specific CD I used was a Philips CD-RW. Also on the CD is a box that says "4-12x."

I played the CD on a cd player in the car, as well as a traditional boombox.

The CD wouldn't play anything, so I think I have the wrong kind of CD.

Any recommendations as to specific types of CDs, and where you can buy them, to copy computer audio files onto so they'll play on a regular CD player would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Tony

I'm 90% sure that using a CD-RW will not work in anything but a PC, you need to buy some CD-R's. The place to buy them would be the same place you got the CD-RW from.

Also what way are you making the CD, i don't think copying the audio files straight to your HDD then to a CD will work. Try using a burning program like Nero. :)

Drworm2005.

actually it will work ;)
anyhow ill add in taht nero is better than using just a plain burn but.. u can do it any way u like
nero IS awesome btw

make sure the file format you are using is .WAV or .CDA. you do need to use CD-r as he mentions. some older players will not play burned disc no matter what.

Re:

Hello,

How did you 'save' the files from the CD? Also, was the CD a retail music CD (so a CD with .cda tracks on it?)...

If you attempted to explore the CD and simply do a drag and drop onto the desktop, then the data isn't actually transferred onto your computer, but instead a useless shortcut be made.

You have to either rip the CD, or use a program like Nero to convert and save the tracks on your PC in a recognisable format such as mp3, wav or mp4. Or alternatively, create a straight copy from the original to a CD-R, making sure to choose 'Music CD'.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom