Convert VHS to DVD

Status
Not open for further replies.

cpkramers

Baseband Member
OK, so I've got some old, old vhs home movies that I'd like to get onto dvd to preserve them before they turn to dust. What are my options to get them onto my pc so I can burn them to dvd's? See my sig below for my system specs. I don't really have any special software so I'll be using basic XP and ATI tools. I also have Nero 7 Ultra.

Thanks

I'm not exactly sure, but from what I understand, you use a video capture card, to capture the video from the VCR. So it will probably be like coaxial out of the VCR, to the coaxial in, of the video capture card.

so my X1950XT that has VIVO capabilities should be able to capture the video from a vcr?

I don't think so, because a graphic card only has output ports. I could be wrong.

Capture cards are on thing to do. However i have found that it's too much assing around. My problem was alway getting Sound and Video to be in sync.

My prefered option is for purchase a standalone DVD Recorder with a hard drive.

Capture cards are on thing to do. However i have found that it's too much assing around. My problem was alway getting Sound and Video to be in sync.

My prefered option is for purchase a standalone DVD Recorder with a hard drive.

that depend on what card you buy. the more expensive one and the media center certified ones don't have this issue.

this was never an issue with true hardware encoders. however, their cost range from 500 to 6000 bucks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom