convert m4p to mp3

Status
Not open for further replies.

j3wcl@w

Baseband Member
hi i am looking to convert m4p (itunes) files to mp3 i have tried a couple of programs but they rather didn't work or didnt do what they said. anyone know of any decent programs for doing this.

hi the link you gave is dud since the upgrade so can you answer my question again plz.

hi i am looking to convert m4p (itunes) files to mp3 i have tried a couple of programs but they rather didn't work or didnt do what they said. anyone know of any decent programs for doing this.

True, Greg is right, m4p is the protected aac file that iTunes sells. To convert, you will have to remove the DRM (protection) by methods which we cannot discuss here. And then once you have aac files with m4a extension, just go to the itunes settings and under the advanced and ripping options change the format to mp3. Once this has been done, select the songs you want to convert, right-click and choose "convert selection to mp3."

I want to make it clear:

There is no way to remove DRM from Itunes files unless you authorize your Itunes account.

Once you authorize, you can use Jhymn to remove the DRM and convert the files to Mp3.
hymn -- decrypt iTunes and iPod music / unprotect AAC files (m4p --> m4a)

However, You can play protected audio files from Itunes without authorization with some media players, such as VLC.
VLC media player - Overview

It has been said that programs like TuneBite can convert any audio files regardless of any DRM by simply playing them and then recording them, but as far as my experimentation goes, I have not been able to get it to work.
I have not been able to get TuneBite to work with protected unauthorized Itunes files.
TUNEBITE-convert protected WMA, M4P, WMV, M4V, AA, M4B. Free DRM music, video clips & audio books. - tunebite

Jhymn is free.
VLC Media player is free.
TuneBite is not.

Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom