cleaning audio

Status
Not open for further replies.

andrew1688

Beta member
ive just recorded some sound(cant say what:D ) on my tungsten t3
and there is a lot of cracking sound...
can i eliminate the cracking sound by cleanig it with a programme???

and

can i know programmes that can clean it...

andrew1688 said:
ive just recorded some sound(cant say what:D ) on my tungsten t3
and there is a lot of cracking sound...
can i eliminate the cracking sound by cleanig it with a programme???

and

can i know programmes that can clean it...
I don't know of any good FREE programs - and the programs that I use you'll be paying about as much as your Tungsten... And at that point you'll wanna get a more professional setup anyway for recording audio - so my suggestion is to figure out a better way to record sound so that you don't get "cracking", thus not requiring expensive software.

how exactly does it 'clean' without losing sound quality? surely it cant tell the difference between a clap and a crackle?

joshd said:
how exactly does it 'clean' without losing sound quality? surely it cant tell the difference between a clap and a crackle?
it can - there is a little bit of deterioration of the actual signal, but if you use the tools moderately you can get away with noise reduction and other very nifty things.

White noise and crackling happens at certain frequencies and in certain patterns, so you set it to reduce the noise of those frequencies and patterns, etc.

Do you have any audio editing software? I forget the name of it, but there is a free one out there that a lot of people use. Alot of programs come bundled with de-clicking or Hum plugins.

There is another way to do it, but it gets very very techy. Parametric Equalizers.

Or just spend a butt load of money on Pro Tools and you can literally scrub it out. (its VERY cool)

if it's from a record, wet it before you play. the major said that putting soap on it works too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom