Bluetooth adapters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Timaphillips

In Runtime
Here's a idea I had that I hope is already in production somewhere. I want a bluetooth or wireless adapter for my peripheral devices on my stereo. My thought was to have a 2.5mm jack that turns into a wireless receiver or bluetooth. Any ideas? Sorry if this is the wrong area to ask this.

not sure I comprehend your thingy there :D (give me an example of your peripheral devices)
but let's see...if the device is not "aware" of this tech then it could only be done via a universal remote of sorts...
you are talking about something like an IR interceptor, like on many entertainment receivers?
or something like this...
UIRT Universal Infrared Remote Transceiver [Archive] - Promixis, LLC Forums
(have a fun read)
:D

something to enalbe wireless functionality exists, but the hardware has to be able to know what it is...computers can learn a function from software
Eye-Fi » Home

not sure I comprehend your thingy there :D (give me an example of your peripheral devices)
but let's see...if the device is not "aware" of this tech then it could only be done via a universal remote of sorts...
you are talking about something like an IR interceptor, like on many entertainment receivers?
or something like this...
UIRT Universal Infrared Remote Transceiver [Archive] - Promixis, LLC Forums
(have a fun read)
:D

something to enalbe wireless functionality exists, but the hardware has to be able to know what it is...computers can learn a function from software
Eye-Fi » Home

Instead of connecting my computer directly to my home stereo or making a CD, I want to have it stream wirelessly. And no, I don't want to use my Xbox.

Those are pretty cool, but I was hoping for something a little more basic. just wireless audio streaming connectivity. In my mind it would be something like this:

At the Aux jack of your home stereo you connect a wireless dongle-type device that you also connect to whatever peripheral device that has a audio out jack. Basically, you'd be breaking the physical connection of a wire from device to stereo. So when you're chillin' with some friends playing video games, drinking, parties, whatever...you can stream music wirelessly from laptop/PC/mp3 player to stereo. The key thing here is to skip purchasing a $400+ system that wants to be a media extender with on screen guide. It's as simple as a dongle kind of like a wireless mouse work on PC's these days.

ah...well there's your problem...this stuff could be cheap...but they keep it high. They gear it to the market...someone could make it cheap. But they figure, if some guys wants to stream his media from a-b-c..he's got the cash to buy our overpriced gadget.

this has me interested in seeing if I can find such an "affordable" alternative

ah...well there's your problem...this stuff could be cheap...but they keep it high. They gear it to the market...someone could make it cheap. But they figure, if some guys wants to stream his media from a-b-c..he's got the cash to buy our overpriced gadget.

this has me interested in seeing if I can find such an "affordable" alternative

If I had any programing experience, which I don't, I would see if I could mod a bluetooth dongle for wireless mice/keyboards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom