Back speakers won't play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

marconis

Baseband Member
I recently installed the new iTunes, and I've been having an issue. My back speakers have no sound coming out of it. I have tried WMP too to see, and they don't work there either. The odd thing is, when I do a channel or noise test, the sound comes out.

I have 5.1 Logitech Speakers (not sure of the model name) and a SoundBlaster Audigy 4.

Hello,

This is normal.

The reason why you are only hearing sound in your front left and right speakers, and the subwoofer, is because you're listening to a stereo audio source.

In order to hear stereo sound through all your speakers, you need to upmix the audio source.

The Creative EAX Console (software provided with the soundblaster audigy driver) allows you to select an audio expansion method.

eaxtm1.jpg

Go to your EAX Console (your's may look different for Audigy 4). In the console, go to CMSS 3D.

From here, you can choose an upmix method to expand a two channel audio source to your surround sound speakers. Play some music, and switch between the upmix options to see which one sounds best to you. Personally I prefer Stereo Surround when listening to MP3s, but it's up to you.

However, when you're listening to multichannel audio (for example when you're watching a DVD with 5.1 surround sound), you'll want to turn CMSS 3D off, since multichannel audio is already present.

Hi, thanks for the reply and the screenshot...I shouldve mentioned that it is already set to that! I don't know what's wrong.

If I put my ear up to either rear speaker, I can hear sounds like instant messanger sounds, and music so faintly that if I move my ear from directly next to it I cannot hear it. Both of the rear speaker volumes are maxed.

*I have just discovered that only my two front speakers have music coming out of them. Which leaves it to the center and rear speakers that aren't playing music, but play every other sound.

Alvin.C said:
Hello,

This is normal.

The reason why you are only hearing sound in your front left and right speakers, and the subwoofer, is because you're listening to a stereo audio source.

In order to hear stereo sound through all your speakers, you need to upmix the audio source.

The Creative EAX Console (software provided with the soundblaster audigy driver) allows you to select an audio expansion method.

eaxtm1.jpg

Go to your EAX Console (your's may look different for Audigy 4). In the console, go to CMSS 3D.

From here, you can choose an upmix method to expand a two channel audio source to your surround sound speakers. Play some music, and switch between the upmix options to see which one sounds best to you. Personally I prefer Stereo Surround when listening to MP3s, but it's up to you.

However, when you're listening to multichannel audio (for example when you're watching a DVD with 5.1 surround sound), you'll want to turn CMSS 3D off, since multichannel audio is already present.

Seems all Creative sound blasters provide users the same UI.
I have SB Audigy 4, but the UI looks very familiar with the UI shown in the your captured screen!

Try checking at Control Panel>Sounds and Audio Devices.

In the Volume tab, on the bottom at Speaker Settings, select Advanced...

Check that speaker setup is selected for your 5.1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom