Audigy 2 ZS Plat. optical audio - enabling 5.1??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darksabre

Beta member
Hey everyone,

I have an Audigy 2 ZS Platinum and the logitech z680 speakers. They were working just fine with the standard 3 plug analog connection, but I saw that the z680's had an optical IN so I bought an optical cable, plugged it into the speakers and ran it to the Optical Out on the front of the livedrive. Switched over to Optical connection on the z680's speaker console - Auto Detecting...and Boo - Stereo mode. Stereo mode?!? I went to the audigy speaker settings and made sure it was still on 5.1 mode...it was. I clicked the test speaker button and only sound came out of the "front left" and "front right" speakers =( Also I went into the Media Center Go! Device Controls and under the Decoder tab I clicked the Use Installed Decoder button and then checked all the boxes under DD and DTS settings. Arrrrrrg. Can anyone pleaaaase give me some hints here? Thanks a ton!!

ummm interesting.... I have the same audio setup as you do, so i'll go buy an optical cable tonight and let you know. Optical is a true 5.1, so it should work no probleme....

Just curious....but don't you need a dolby or dts signal from the source (DVD, game, etc.) in order to get true digital 5.1 surround?

With that being said...the optical cable is for a digital signal and therefore maybe you aren't getting the signal from your source regardless of your settings.

with you use optical out and you want DD. you must disable all of your soundcard's software and computer 5.1 settings and let either your dvd software or your 5.1 source (in your case logitech speakers, in my case, A yamaha receiver) decode them.

I hope this help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom