Anyone have Home/car stereo hooked up to pc..post your setup

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heres my MS paint picture showing the wiring setup..i noe it a problem waitin to happen..please look and tell me to propertly rewire it

my.php

THe edit function is your friend :)

Nice idea, I was going to do something like that but I had no money to buy a stereo so I just jacked a couple of stereos from our home theatre system. The sound is great even though its only a sub and 2 speakers, could never get this good of a sound with normal PC speakers.

I wouldn't even bother hooking up those sub's to that little thing,Those sub's are more than likely 4 ohm's and if you hook them up wrong you have a big chance of frying the system :(

post a pic of the back of 2 woofers so I show you how to series them to and 8 ohm load. you can 2 woofers on each channel if the are in series

EricB...do you mean taking the subs out of there box and showing a pic or just the back of the box..also in the Jensen Manual it says there
two 4 ohm voice coil subs which are internally wired in phase....the 2 MTX Thunder 5000 are ...well im not sure becasue on MTX;s website..theres the 12's but there diffrent ohms...and i didnt purchase them i got them from a friend a little while back...i really appricate the help...also will rewireing them(the right way) cause the deck from clipping at some what high volumes..

stick the positive wire from the right channle stereo receiver to the + of the first speaker. stick the negative wire from the right channle stereo receiver to the - of the second speaker. this is outside the box now take a short wire and stick the first end on the wire in the open negative of the first speaker. then stick the remaining end to the remaining postive of the second speaker.

repeat this method from the left channel stereo and the remaining 2 speakers.

you can turn the volume up loduer this way but stop at the onset of distortion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom