5.1 sound

Status
Not open for further replies.

DoctorLe

Baseband Member
Currently, I have a 5.1 surround sound system. Here's the picture of how it looks like:

2348.1.0.jpg

Well.. I had it since December of '06 and it's been working fine until I reformatted my computer which was around February. Ever since then, my 5.1 sound doesn't work correctly. I can only hear the left and the right speakers but not the center of the other two speakers. Most of the times it would work but then it'd switch off to 2.1 sound and I wouldn't want to use the matrix since it would sound horrible.

So, can anyone tell me what's wrong with it?

you using the same operating system? and what exactly are those speakers? they look like Logitech something?
Have you downloaded the lastest software/drivers from the manufacturers website?(forget about the cd you got with them)
Normally when installing this software your givin a choice of what speaker setup you have and you select 5.1, i cant really think of any other reason why the speakers stopped working properly.

lol basically yeah, and if things arent right then something is wrong with the speakers or your soundcard

also what soundcard are you using?

Check in Control Panel > Sounds and Audio Devices > Advanced under Speaker Settings to verify that your speaker configuration is set to 5.1. It is most likely stuck in Desktop Speaker configuration, which would explain why you only have FR and FL channels.

Well, I'm using on-board sound card. And I just verified that it is already set to 5.1 surround sound. So I'm guessing from what others said, it's my sound card?

Buy a new sound card, you can get one like mine an x-fi xtreme audio for next to nothing, there really cheap now and you can have up to 8 speakers connected to it then! not to mention you will have lots of sound tweaking options that you didnt have with your onboard sound.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom