Kodak Zi8 issues.. help

Status
Not open for further replies.

TaskTool

In Runtime
I bought a refurbished Zi8 off ebay on christmas eve, got it this morning. Amazing camcorder and all, until the lighting situation is bad..

Basically when there's a mixture of low and high light situations the camcorder illuminates the dark a bit with moving horizontal and vertical lines. Sometimes the lines are static, but other times its like they are moving? Sort of like when a cheap webcam is struggling in the dark.

I read about this issue and apparently they were supposed to fix it in the new firmware update which is 1.06

So naturally I went and was about to update my firmware before realizing I already had the latest firmware (1.06).

So has anyone else had this issue? There's a video on youtube with a guy showing the problem. I guess it might be widespread, but on the other hand i've seen videos of people using the zi8 in low light and the picture was absolutely fine.

Also please note that the 1080p mode does not have this issue at all. Once I switch to 1080p mode all the lines go away.

Heres the video demonstrating the problem: YouTube - Kodak Zi8 Streaks (Sensor Problem?)

Mine is actually worse than in the video

I chatted with kodak support and apparently he wants me to send the camera in, as all of the instructions he gave me failed to help.

Anyone having similar issues with this camcorder?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom