What s the basic computer lang....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Instead of python.. Personally I think its better to learn C.. More powerful and very easy to learn.. But hey, decide for yourself :)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Python_programming_language
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/C_programming_language

Despite C's description of "despite not being designed for novices" in that article, it's really not that hard. The first language I learnt was BASIC when I was in grade 8.. From grade 9 onwards I learnt C/C++/Java/C# in that particular order.. Also, I have done assembly.. But you don't really need to except for very "special" tasks.. But its useful to know sometime as well. I'd throw that into the mix right after like Java..

I think it was a great choice of order.. I am doing my masters and we do a lot of DSP stuff and lemme say that stuff like Java will "not" help you ;).. Well, Java obviously has its uses.. But so do C/C++/assembly :p..

Obfusication is basically the idea that you can derive security by making your code confusing and hard to follow...

To any serious coder its like a web developer going to a site that has the right click button disabled so you won't steal their pictures... all it does is makes it a little bit more annoying to anyone that serious wants to take them

Unfortunately, that is all you can really do. If you want a program to be understood by the computer of the customer - which I presume is the reason the program was written in the first place and distributed :) - it's kind of difficult to prevent a serious programmer from reverse engineering the software..

But you can make it hell of a lot more difficult for an average programmer to do the same :)

exactly.

Again I'm not talking about "security", unless you consider code access "security". And I know, it's impossible to make it 100% protected from prying programmers, but it DOES help. Which is probably way most major companies use it.

Languages like C++ you cannot easily decompile into it's native language, you must decompile it into assembly or machine code, now that makes it hard. With Java all you need to know is the algorithm used to obfusticate the code and blammo, there it is, almost the exact code the author wrote minus comments.

Now I for one don't care if someone can see my code, I tend to program it in a way that doesn't matter but you'd be suprised how many lazy coders are out there. I've decompiled classes where coders have hardcoded root database/ftp passwords right into their programs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom