Programs you have.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're comparing two sigs to some computer programs?! There is no comparison, pictures are very easy to steal. Its just a matter of copy->paste, computer programs are extremely hard to steal and require months or years of work. Don't talk unless you know what you're talking about.

If someone is retarded enough to steal a sig then there is definitely someone out there smart enough to steal a decent program.

Programs aren't difficult to steal; any person who can code well knows that, especially big corporations. Look how many lawsuits there are now for patent infringements. That is stealing code and ideas, so you see plenty of people do it all the time.
I see you have a link to an SK website. Here is a scenario: You have wanted to crack the Los Alamos National Laboratory's servers for a long. I accidentally post some code on my website for a program that cracks the servers in seconds. You come across this code and realize its potential. Are you saying that you would not be tempted at all to steal my code, or just use the idea i had and make your own program implementing my idea?

Here is another one: There are two companies A and B. Company B has a genius idea for a program that will save the company millions annually. If company A knew exactly how company BÂ’s program worked, are you sure that they would not take advantage and create their own program that would save them millions too?

It is human nature to follow the leader, monkey do as monkey see. If there is a better way to do something then everybody will want to do it.

You're not hearing what I'm saying. Yes, companies steal from each other, but don't steal from kids.
Besides, posting code is far different from posting an idea. That's what I'm trying to get across, when someone says, "I've got this awesome idea for a program that will do X." Not many people are interested in steal that program, because 1. They have no interest in stealing it. 2. It would be a hella lot of work to design and implement their idea on your own.

These two guys don't have to worry about their idea being stolen because they're probably not dumb enough to post the code, and they also aren't going to patent or market their product on a large enough base to be a threat a major company such as MS.

I was also saying that if they are not going to get a patent, then telling people about their idea now is no more dangerous than showing the completed product. In fact, showing the completed product is more dangerous. So, if they aren't going to get this patent they shouldn't even show the completed product to anyone, or try and sell it, or anything. They should just keep it betwee the two of them if they're that worried about someone stealing it.

OOO, its croud in here^^

i think if the program still just an "idea" its OK for people to make it any way, because they dont copy>paste the code right ... specially if the idea owner, not work on the idea ...

(well, ya ... it would be a pain if a person make money from ur idea^^ // its depand on the conditon of "stealing idea")

IRON_CROSS & PUMA :
is both of u working or college student or ....???^^
(iam a college student, and i think ur program is cool ... i myself still work on small project(wont worth for selling // just wont to learn programming deeper))^^

I'm working.

I just say if you're not going to get a patent, then people can steal it even when you're done coding it. Actually people could still steal it even if you did have a patent...

Hmm well its better too be safe. The program could potentialy be a threat to major companies. The way itworks is ingenious and almost impossible to hack or alter. Plus the way it works it would be REALLY hard to copy the coding or anything.

So are you going to get a patent? And I doubt it's hack proof, the way you test that is to release it to tons of users to test...so I really really don't understand why the hell you're being so paranoid.

So you're saying that what you don't want to be coppied is the security and the way it works...but you still won't even tell what this program does? So how are people gonna use it if they won't be able to know what it does?

Arg are you even readingmy threads. First im not being peranoid. As Ibve said aton of times. Its not my idea to tell" so I cant tell you I want too but cant. I dont want people to steal the way it works cuase "its not my idea" I cant tell people what the program is cuase "its not my idea" and I never said "it's hack proof" I said "almost impossible to hack or alter".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom