Programing

Status
Not open for further replies.
I forgot I even made this thread.

Yeah, I'm VERY interested in the XNA kits Microsoft is putting out. but I'd love to make Wii and DS games too.

I know the XNA kits are built on C#

exactly WHAT is C# I never heard of it until I heard about the XNA kits

I recommend Java (at least starting out.) You can learn the basics of programming, and create graphics fairly easily. The experience with OOP is also very valuable.

C# is basically Microsoft's own copycat language of C++ (they did the same thing with Java-J#). It is somewhat of a watered down and simplified version of C++.

exactly WHAT is C# I never heard of it until I heard about the XNA kits
C# is Microsoft's flagship language for .NET programming. It is nearly identical to the Java programming language (not so much C++).

It's a nice language to learn, but you have a very long road ahead of you before you'll be at a level to develop games -- on the order of years. There is quite a bit to learn.

C++ is usually the best choice for game programming. But you should probably start by learning the fundamentals of Pascal. And I have to point out that HTML is not a programming language and would be completely useless to you.

I'm wondering the exact same thing. I understand that Pascal is an older programming language and other languages may use concepts from it, but I don't really think learning it is necessary. If he wants to get into game design, I think it would make sense to start with the fundementals of C++.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom