Yek

T.F's Resident Cool Guy...
Hello, i would like to extract the following game off of this website
Theseus and the Minotaur

here is the source:
Code:
<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"><HTML>
<HEAD><TITLE>Theseus and the Minotaur</TITLE>
<META NAME="keywords" CONTENTS="mazes, logic mazes, mazes-with-rules, Java, puzzles, Robert Abbott, Theseus">

<script language="JavaScript">

function getBig() {
location.hash = "#big"
location.reload()
return}

function getSmall() {
location.hash = "#small"
location.reload()
return}

</script>

</HEAD>

<CENTER>

<BODY BGCOLOR=#C5FAFF>
<H1><FONT FACE="Arial" COLOR=#1000E8>Theseus and the Minotaur</H1><BR><BR>

<TABLE BORDER=0><TR>
<TD><FONT FACE=Arial SIZE=7>     </TD>
<TD>

if (location.hash != "#big") {document.write("<applet code=Maze.class width=360 height=234>")}
else {document.write("<applet code=Maze.class width=540 height=351>")}

</script>

<FONT FACE="Arial" SIZE=4 COLOR=#FF0000>Theseus battles a robot Minotaur in several different labyrinths, but only if your browser is currently "Java enabled." Apparently yours isn't--so what you have to do is look through all those menus on your browser until you find a box that says "Enable Java" or maybe "Enable active content."</FONT></applet></TD>

<TD><FONT FACE="Times New Roman" SIZE=7>     </TD>

<TD><FONT FACE="Arial" SIZE=3>
<B><U>Keys</U>:<P>
Cursor keys = Move Theseus<BR>
D = Delay (choose not to move)<BR>	
R = Reset maze<BR>
N = Next maze<BR>
P = Previous maze<BR>
S = Toggle sound on/off<BR><BR>

if (location.hash != "#big") {document.write("<A HREF='javascript:getBig()'>Click here for a larger diagram</A>")}
else {document.write("<A HREF='javascript:getSmall()'>Click here for a smaller diagram</A>")}

</script>
</B>

</TD>
</TR></TABLE><BR CLEAR=ALL><BR><BR><BR>

<TABLE BORDER=0 WIDTH=75% CELLPADDING=0 CELLSPACING=0><tr><td>
<FONT FACE="Verdana" SIZE=4>

Theseus (the red dot) must escape from a series of mazes. There is also a mechanical Minotaur (the black dot) in each maze. For every turn that Theseus takes, the Minotaur takes two turns.<p>

The Minotaur follows this program for each of his two turns:<p>

First he tests if he can move horizontally and get closer to Theseus. If he can, he will move one square horizontally. If he can&#146;t, he will test if he could move vertically and get closer to Theseus. If he can, he will move one square vertically. If he can&#146;t move either horizontally or vertically, then he just skips that turn.<p>

The key to solving these mazes is to realize that a Minotaur follows a rigid program. He doesn&#146;t do what you would do if you were a Minotaur. He doesn&#146;t look ahead more than one turn. And, most importantly, he will choose a horizontal move before a vertical move.<p>

You might have to click on the maze to start the program. Then use your arrow keys to move Theseus. After Theseus moves, the Minotaur will take his turns. Each move the Minotaur makes is accompanied by a clumping sound and a short delay. This is useful when you&#146;re learning how the maze works. But if the delay and the sound start to annoy you, type <I><B>S</B></I> to turn them off (and type <I><B>S</B></I> again to turn them back on).<p>

There is one other move available to Theseus: he can delay for a turn.  Sometimes it is advantageous for Theseus not to move and to let the Minotaur take an extra two turns. To have Theseus delay, type <I><B>D</B></I>.<p>

To reset the maze to the beginning, type <I><B>R</B></I>. To go to the next maze, type <I><B>N</B></I>. And to go back to the previous maze, type <I><B>P</B></I>.<P>

If you&#146;re having trouble getting started with these mazes, you can <A HREF="mino1sol.html">click here for the solution to Maze 1</A>.  Solutions are not provided for any of the other mazes.<P>

When you solve one of these mazes, the program outputs a code that looks something like: Code=GKLX. The code means nothing to the program, but you might use it to prove to a friend that you solved a particular maze. Come to think of it, if you know people who haven&#146;t tried this puzzle, you could set up a contest in which they should solve a particular one of these mazes, then e-mail you the letters that follow Code=.<P>

If you are using Internet Explorer, you might be able to play these mazes off-line. <A HREF="offline.html">Click here</A> for more information.<P>

<A HREF="notes.html">Click here for further notes</A>, a complete history, and maybe more than you really want to know about the Theseus and the Minotaur mazes.<P>

<BR>
<H3>Credits:</H3>

The maze layouts (all except Maze 14) and the Java program were created by <A HREF="http://www.tnelson.demon.co.uk">Toby Nelson</A>.<P>

The Java program for the original version of Theseus and the Minotaur was done by <A HREF=MAILTO:orielmaxime@yahoo.com>Oriel Maxime</A>.<P>

The rules for the maze and the original layout (now known as Maze 14) were done by me, based on a maze in my book <A HREF="mad.html"><I><B>Mad Mazes</B></I></A>.<p>

The Theseus and the Minotaur game system is copyright © 2000 by Toby Nelson and Robert Abbott. If you are interested in programming this game for a different device (PDA, cell phone, video game controller), please see my <A HREF="terms.html">terms of use</A>.<P>

<HR><P>
</FONT><FONT FACE="Arial" SIZE=3>
<A HREF="index.html">Back to the home page</A>

</TABLE><BR>

<SCRIPT LANGUAGE=JAVASCRIPT>
if (top.location != self.location) {top.location = self.location}
</SCRIPT>

</BODY>
</HTML>
I realise this isnt as easy as just grabbing a swf file and linking to it so i thought i would ask!
The reason i want the game is so i can make it (if atall possiable) full screen.

Cheers, Tkey :>

how would i insert that on a webpage ?
is it like the <embed> tag?

Hmm, I'm not sure...but I'd think you could do it just like in the source:

Code:
<applet code="Maze.class" width="360" height="234">

You might even be able to reference the Maze.class directly on the website, but I'd think you could just change the width/height since they did that for the two different sizes? (I can't test it right now. :snob:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom