Hidden URL

Status
Not open for further replies.

kernel89

Solid State Member
Hey there,

I need a script or some way, to hide URLs.
Allow me to explain. For instance, let's say I am selling Video Tutorials via Paypal, and people download those tutorials from my host, but, I don't want them to know the URL they are downloading the tutorials from otherwise, the tutorials may be hotlinked by other sites.
But lets say that person downloads the tutorial from paypal, I want him to be able to download that file once...

Anyways, give me your thoughts, and Ideas, and scripts.

Thanks

why not download the video from a mysql database using php (and the theroy of data blobbing) and send the user a once only password to access the file........ use of ".htaccess" maybe anouther way around it......

I made this kind of script for a free hosting site once: when a user buys a download, they are given a passcode. The user can go to your site and enter the passcode to access the download. When a passcode has been used, it is deleted by the script. You can configure paypal to create the passcode and email it to the user, also.
That solution is slightly complicated, but, will be very effective.

Cool! May I have more details on that, because, I am not much of a Script person, I use dreamweaver, but I don't know much about php. And I would also love to know how to link it up with paypal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom