Binary

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pollzzy

Solid State Member
Hello.

Im new to complex proramming and was looking at Binary. I have a pretty good understanding of the binary alphabet, numeric system, etc. I was wondering, how do i actually create a binary command and where do i input it for it to take effect?

Wow... this is going to hurt my head a lot more than it'll hurt yours, but I'll give this a shot. First off, I've been up for way too long, if I sound stupid it's either because I'm stupid, or because I'm stupid tired. You can decide for yourselves which you want to believe, as for me, I will choose stupid tired. Correct me please, by all means, but no need for harshness towards the guy sleeping on the couch who means well. I'll shut up now before I start slurring my text.

Every processor understands instructions given to it using binary differently. Your computer understands 0's and 1's one way, and mine understands them in a completely different way. I can get you a link to MASM, Micro$oft's Assembler which *should* allow you to write binary code--I have no idea why you would ever want to do this, as the binary code will only be useful on your machine, but hey, it's your sanity you're about to throw out the window.

The assembly code should be able to be used anywhere... but I could be wrong on that. If I am please correct me before I do something stupid... I'm going to take a nap and make an attempt.

Here's a few technical terms and what I understand them to be. I could be wrong, but if I am, I'm happy with my ignorance.

Compilers take code and turn it into 8, 16, 24, 32, etc. bit representations of 1's and 0's.
Assemblers take those bits and turn them into 1's and 0's.
Processors take 1's and 0's and make your CPU tell your hard drive to spin.

Anyway, here's the link. I just hope you know what you're doing.

Download details: Microsoft Macro Assembler 8.0 (MASM) Package (x86)

Also in the interest of programming, is there anywhere on the web I can go to learn more complex assembly/programming languages. I'm interested in actual computer programming such as the OS coding.
I have a basic understanding of HTML coding.

I'm not talking about actually developing an OS, but such things like software.

I'm not talking about actually developing an OS, but such things like software.
If you're writing any code to be executed by a computer, you're creating software. If you want to create desktop applications, you first need to choose a programming language. A few popular languages for creating Windows apps are C#, Visual Basic, C++, C, Java, and Python. Since you're just starting out, take a look at Python. It's easy to get up and running very quickly with that language. Python Programming Language -- Official Website

If you want to create a GUI it's a bit more complicated, but Python is pretty simple. Might want to look into Java as well, I don't particularly like it, but that's probably because it's too Java'ey for me. Way too slow, I made a calculator and wondered why it took forever. Then I realized it was a program within a service within an operating system yada-yada-yada.

Console programs are so much cooler anyway <.<

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom