Starting to Fold - Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
hmm... i set it up as a service, but it never asked for a %GPU usage... it asked for CPU... did you mean that, or no?

and how do you pause?

also if it says like 43% complete or something, can I shut down the client, or do I need to wait for it to finish to get credit?

You don't use it as a screensaver though right?

Nobody does, that slows it down like crazy.

Graphical client without the display running is the same as the console.

I have opened the display every now and then and it works good, no crashes or anything. Im using 6.20r1 for nvidia specific cards.

Update: In Warcraft III I was getting some weird graphics issues. I removed the folding client, and was still getting weird stuff. I uninstalled the CUNA(or w/e they were called) drivers, and it's back to normal.

Sorry guys - maybe folding's just not for me.

And I don't have my PS3 online yet, but I doubt that will work either - my roommate uses it constantly and can't even turn it off properly - just flips the switch every time... so I doubt he'll be able to fold when he's not using it.

Maybe I'll fold on my PS3 in summer, but until then... :(

I had a lot of problems in WC3 too. I have to turn it off temporarily when playing otherwise all polygons tend to turn into blocks and that's it. No shapes at all lol.

spit-wad, you dont need to use the console.

Use the graphical client, pause it when gaming, and resume when not...simple stuff.

CUDA is included in all the new drivers, you dont have to use cuda specific drivers to fold....the latest forceware has cuda built in. The console client is used mainly by advanced users.

I get no graphical glitches in any games at all....i only use cuda specific drivers on my server, not on here.

I cant stand the console myself.

I'll try it once more when my soundcard arrives, to see if that fixes the sound issue. The problem still remains that I cannot pause the graphical client... when I click pause, it does nothing.

I'll try it once more when my soundcard arrives, to see if that fixes the sound issue. The problem still remains that I cannot pause the graphical client... when I click pause, it does nothing.

then just close it down.

you can open and close the client as much s you wish.

k well I'll give this another go when the soundcard arrives, and i'll use the graphical client without downloading those CUDA drivers.

now here's another obstacle... please let me know if you have any ideas on how I can get around this: my roommate uses the computer once in a while to play CSS. I'm gonna guess it's gonna lag if I'm folding on my account while he tries to play... any ideas of what I can do to allow him to game while folding is running on my account?
would probably be way too difficult, but something like automatically suspend the folding client while his account is logged on... idk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom