Setting up notfred

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright i seem to be at a impass with notfred. I got it setup for my name and team. But for some reason it doesnt fold. After logging in i cant seem to figure out the command to get it folding. I must be a complete idiot on this cause it is eluding me something fierce.

notfred.png

I dont see anything in FAHMon so is it working or what do i have to do to get it working?

Edit

alright i just checked the log does this mean it is working and the screen i am seeing is normal or what?

Code:
[03:04:38] Folding@Home Gromacs SMP Core
[03:04:38] Version 2.10 (Sun Aug 30 03:43:28 CEST 2009)
[03:04:38] 
[03:04:38] Preparing to commence simulation
[03:04:38] - Ensuring status. Please wait.
[03:04:39] Called DecompressByteArray: compressed_data_size=4837601 data_size=24040205, decompressed_data_size=24040205 diff=0
[03:04:39] - Digital signature verified
[03:04:39] 
[03:04:39] Project: 2677 (Run 24, Clone 45, Gen 68)
[03:04:39] 
[03:04:39] Assembly optimizations on if available.
[03:04:39] Entering M.D.
[03:04:46] Multi-core optimizations on
[03:04:49] .D.
[03:04:57] Multi-core optimizations on
[03:05:04]  (0%)

Edit 2:

alright i guess i am just a idiot. Cause it is folding. Just cant get the FAHmon working right. I added "/1" after it but it continues to add a / after the 1 and it isnt showing me any progress. WTF...

Hehe Yha, It starts all by itself.

When you started up, it said "fold64" whicxh was it starting itself.

Thats the beauty of notfred... it just goes.

It was originally made as a diskless folding setup for cd.

Yeah i figured it out that it is folding. Just have to get FAHMon working right to show me what is going on. Was my 2nd edit above. Any advice on that?

\\Fold-xxxx\C\etc\folding\1\

tried that right? dunno what else could be wrong... sometimes it takes a bit for my VM client to show up in fahmon. so you could try waiting a bit after fahmon is already up

Actually, FahMon uses the IP address of the VM with "1/" at the end. Mine uses "http://192.168.2.100/1/" to get my notfred stats.

really... interesting... maybe there was an update or something... when i was using notfreds the format i posted worked fine

you are putting the unique 4 letters/numbers for "xxxx" right? hmmm

edit: just tried my notfred VM, \\Fold-CB7A\C\etc\folding\1\ worked fine for me...
shrug.gif

Maybe they both work. I double checked and mine is what I put above.

Something has got to be up with my notfred. Alright i got it folding and finally got FAHmon to see it. That one i will ask about in a second. But when i checked the WU and points. It was about the same time frame as my normal SMP but worth only 200 points more.

So is it really worth running notfred when i only gain 200 points? Yeah points are points. But i am not that hard up that i would run notfred for them. If the WU done are of more use using notfred will be a bigger determination than points.

Now as for the FAHMon. After finally getting it hooked up with notfred it showed the WU. Fine. But then all of a sudden it jumped to over 17,000% complete! I will fire it up and take pics. But man was it weird!

Linux also has the a2 core which is the older core and will give a huge boost.

On a dual core, you won't, as you noticed, see a huge boost, but quads do see a great boost. Also saddly, AMD is abit slower too compared to Intels

Ah the old 17000% done trick.... Yha fahmon can burp, its all due to the vmware setup, and i think abit of clock wander.

The greatest benifit of fred is its fairly simple to setup, as vmware sets up easily, and no real setup to fred.

As fah is all about you donating to it.... You decide which you wish to run... So, if for you the win smp is your cup of tea, run it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom