Just bought a new GPU.

What about doing something with the BIOS for the GPU. I found this sight, techpowerup.com and it has a Multitude of GPU and CPU archives in its DATA base.

Will their not be a different Tool for OC the GPU from Nvidia? Or Palit?

You really should try oc'ing you gpu. Use EVGA precision or msi after burner and bump up your clock speed.

Small bumps can make a huge difference.

Just downloaded MSI afterburner and I've a feeling I'm going to fry my set up since this is the first time I've done this?

What should I do with the full range of Clock and Temp, Fan and various voltages I have? If I select them from the menu will the be automatically enabled with in the GPU it self, or do I have the option to then set it and thus revert it back or will the GPU if it goes a wire be Toast?

I never touch voltages.. Too scared. Leave fan on auto as it'll boost to match your heat.

I usually find the max clocks the card was sold at, then bump my clocks 25Mhz and then run 3dmark to test for stability.

gt630s look like 902mhz was their max clocks sold, so start there. I bumped my card 50mhz but I have power issues, being a laptop and all.
Repeat till 3dmark crashes or my temps go over 90C

Hey Patton..

I've downloaded and Installed the NVidia Diver Ver. 327.23 after posting on the Folding forums that anything newer will run at half the Speed. I've been playing with Clock and Memory speed settings but unsure how or when I'll see a difference.

I've installed the drivers but still only getting the 3000PPD Score as I was getting with the latest release of the drivers.

If I bump my clock speeds up and the Memory speeds how and when will I see a difference in the overall performance.

Also do you know how often the Team Stats are updated for Folding.

Well Patton I've managed to get a Stable overclock out of it at 50Hz and a Stable overclock of 45Hz for the Memory Clock.

I've ran a Bench Test of the card Maxed out settings using Fur Test and MSI Afterburner with the GPU to overclock at Start up.

I'm running the F@H App now so I'll have a look back to see what the TPF is when I get a reading. Its was coming in at 41 Minutes 57 Seconds per frame.

I was getting a WU to do with a Deadline of just two Days. So see how those TPF's Turn out and I'll see what I get on the QRB ..

Yha, even my 770m have a pain on the longer ones.

I've checked my PPD Score and my TPF Score. I've managed to get it down to 39 Minutes and 33 Seconds. A drop of 2 Minutes and 30 Seconds so according to your calculations and going off their, that would be 5 Hours towards a QRB.

Back
Top Bottom