2 computers 4 cllents fold, getting less than a 1000 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

-RockMan-

Banned
I have been watching both of my computers for the past month, even after patonb, got me set up correctly I am still bringing in less than 1000 or lower...
What on earth is going on ?
hfmproblems.png

It says 2178 est points by tomorrow night, but it will never, ever give me the correct points and bonus.
Yes I have my passkey, HFM, and clients running on different machine ID's to prevent interfearence.

Somebody explain me to why this is happening to me ?

If Paton set you up you should be good, but just to make sure you have the number of cores set right? ("-smp x" in the shortcut target). Then you have a GPU client set up too? (I'm thinking you have 2 PC's, each with a smp and gpu?)

Thats correct, my computer with the Phenom II X6 is using -smp 4, my mothers pc uses a Athlon II X2 -smp 2.
For some reason HFM refuses to take the GPU client, it says it cannot find it on both computers even after I pointed it to it.

That's in FahMon too? In HFM when you edit your GPU client, the log folder location should be "C:\Program Files (x86)\Folding@home\Folding@home-gpu" If you installed the GPU client in it's default place (or just regular Program Files if it's 32-bit OS).

Freaking strange man, on my computer I had to hack my win32 gpu client to work with my ati readon HD 5450 to work correctly so I could fold with it.
In short I made short cut out of the program and posted it to my desktop and a left a copy in c:programs directory could that be why it's messing up ?

I know standford loves nvidia to death right now with their folding needs, but when is the 5000 series ever going to be fully supported ?

You don't need the shortcut in C:\, just the one on the desktop. You're using the -forcegpu ati_r700 right?

You don't have any smp units sent in by the smp.

You might have mixed up your config.. could you pm me your passkey....... or go here: Folding@Home and search by your passkey.

I think you might have a boo boo, Can you show the top portions of the log, part that shows this:
Code:
# Windows SMP Console Edition #################################################
###############################################################################

Folding@Home Client Version 6.30

http://folding.stanford.edu

Launch directory: E:\smp
Executable: E:\smp\fahsmp.exe
Arguments: -smp 2 -verbosity 9 

[20:32:49] - Ask before connecting: No
[20:32:49] - User name: patonb (Team 12864)
[20:32:49] - User ID: 31CB3394685419C4
[20:32:49] - Machine ID: 5
[20:32:49] 
[20:32:49] Loaded queue successfully.
[20:32:49] 
[20:32:49] - Autosending finished units... [August 24 20:32:49 UTC]
[20:32:49] + Processing work unit
[20:32:49] Trying to send all finished work units
[20:32:49] Core required: FahCore_a3.exe
[20:32:49] + No unsent completed units remaining.
[20:32:49] Core found.
[20:32:49] - Autosend completed
[20:32:49] Working on queue slot 04 [August 24 20:32:49 UTC]
[20:32:49] + Working ...
[20:32:49] - Calling '.\FahCore_a3.exe -dir work/ -nice 19 -suffix 04 -np 2 -nocpulock -checkpoint 15 -verbose -lifeline 4068 -version 630'

[20:32:50] 
[20:32:50] *------------------------------*
[20:32:50] Folding@Home Gromacs SMP Core
[20:32:50] Version 2.22 (Mar 12, 2010)

You've got a problem, we'll figure it out.

oh, btw firstly, its ATIs and opencls faulty, not f@h the gpu client sucks, and if you use the gpu3 client, you'll not need the force flag, as it knows the newest cards.

Edit

Can you also show a screen shot of your hfm gpu setup/config to check that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom