Water or Oil ? - Page 4 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Overclocking and Modding
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 01-06-2009, 04:05 PM   #31 (permalink)
Junior Techie

Default Re: Water or Oil ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspire.comptech View Post
OCZ Sells a phase change unit called the Cryo-Z for $400 however you need to pick it up locally as they will not ship them.
400 bucks is better than 1000 for sure.

Old 01-06-2009, 04:39 PM   #32 (permalink)
Junior Techie

Ok I found and small window AC really really cheap. So what I am going to do is this. I am going to go forward with the Mineral oil or Silicone still looking to find the lowest viscosity available. No pump or RAD or anything like that will be in the case. The only things will be blocks and hoses. I have 2 Reserviors and 2 RADs. One Res. is the new Zolane I won on ebay for 50 bucks! The whole system as a matter of fact. The other is a Koolance. I am going use the 2 Rad/Heater cores and tack weld them to the condencer of the AC I got. I am not bad at welding copper so I will also make a copper tube and heat form it in a spirl config around all the condencer part of the AC. Then I will Insolate it with some 3M spay foam. I need to draw this out for you guys. Of course I will test this before I install anything on the PC. So anyways basicly you will have a Box full of foam with 2 copper lines sticking out. One inlet one Outlet. I am going to improve the power regulator on the AC for better control and to keep it from over heating or freezing up. The end product will be highly chilled stable low viscosity oil flowing to the CPU, GPU, and mainboard using a line splitter. Should be crap load of fun hooking this up and playing around with it. I am going to Video the whole thing.

Old 01-07-2009, 12:41 PM   #33 (permalink)
Junior Techie

I am going to break the Video up into shorts for You Tube. I fly back to Atl. in about 4 days to pick up my parts. I have to repack them make sure alle ist klar und I will tape that. We will see how well everything is packaged and all that good stuff.
Old 01-07-2009, 03:44 PM   #34 (permalink)
Patron

Sounds good btw there is an edit button in the lower right of each box multiple posts can get annoying
Old 01-07-2009, 03:53 PM   #35 (permalink)
Junior Techie

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltynay View Post
Sounds good btw there is an edit button in the lower right of each box multiple posts can get annoying
Thanks on both man. I will try to keep it down to a min. I will edit unless its just completely differant news.
=Gigabyte X58 Extreme=
=Sapphire HD4870x2=
=WD 300G Velociraptor with XP64=
=PSU Corsair 1000w=
=Case XCLIO A380BK =
Old 01-08-2009, 07:37 AM   #36 (permalink)
Electical Engineer

Send a message via AIM to BongWizard Send a message via Yahoo to BongWizard

dont double post at all... seriously, some will consider it spam

and if you got a cheap AC unit, instead of hooking it up for a chiller, why dont you just bypass the liquid coolant and reengineer the unit as a phase system... you'll get way better temps and it'll be much simpler (less parts means less **** that can break!)

NZXT Lexa BlackLine w/ Red LEDs | Corsair TX-750 | Gigabyte EP45-DS3P | Intel Core 2 Quad Q9300 @ 3.6GHz
2x 2GB Kingston HyperX PC2-6400 @ 960MHz (5-4-4-13) | 3x Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 500GB HDD in RAID5
2x HIS Radeon HD 4850 @ 761/1129 in CrossFireX w/ Thermaltake DuOrbs | Creative X-Fi XtremeGamer Fatal1ty Pro

Got a problem?? Click Here before posting!

Old 01-08-2009, 09:47 AM   #37 (permalink)
Junior Techie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BongWizard View Post
dont double post at all... seriously, some will consider it spam

and if you got a cheap AC unit, instead of hooking it up for a chiller, why dont you just bypass the liquid coolant and reengineer the unit as a phase system... you'll get way better temps and it'll be much simpler (less parts means less **** that can break!)

Bong, I would not know where to start. Plus I have a GPU MB and CPU to cool. Tell you what I willl make a new thread for making a phase changer.

=Gigabyte X58 Extreme=
=Sapphire HD4870x2=
=WD 300G Velociraptor with XP64=
=PSU Corsair 1000w=
=Case XCLIO A380BK =
Closed Thread