NF7 Problems - Page 5 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Overclocking and Modding
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 12-05-2004, 02:39 PM   #41 (permalink)
Monster Techie

Send a message via AIM to lazerman Send a message via Yahoo to lazerman

Did you try removing the CMOS battery...?

Old 12-05-2004, 09:50 PM   #42 (permalink)
Monster Techie

Send a message via AIM to 4W4K3

NB and SB cooling is a must. i'm hitting 50C+ while playing games or something intensive on my NB. It's crazy...the stock NB cooling is a joke, you need active cooling on both NB/SB to keep them at a decent temp even without mods IMO.

http://www.microcool.it/img/1024/Northpole_foto_2.jpg

planning on getting that for NB, or the swiftech one. Have vantec iceberq solid copper on SB with 40mm fan. should have by x-mas i hope.

Old 12-06-2004, 03:17 AM   #43 (permalink)
Techie Beyond Description

man I really don't want to remove my motherboard to put on another north bridge cooler you've seen my case pics, it's a pain in the BUTT to remove that thing. If I keep my NB at stock voltage it should be aright shouldn't it? BTW how are you recording your NB temps because I can't even read mine

And yeah Leonidas.....you were already pushin that RAM with 200FSB in the first place. That's a huge increase. Look at the SPD table in that screenshot. That chip is programmed to run at those speeds. It wants 2 timings on that one at DDR266 speeds! So you were WAY pushin the RAM on that one..... The computer definitely won't boot up if the RAM is completely fried which it sounds like yours is in this case if you've tried them seperately and still get nothin. If you bought them within the warrenty RMA them in and sound like a noob and your RAM just stopped working has always worked for me thus far.
Old 12-06-2004, 08:03 AM   #44 (permalink)
Monster Techie

Quote:
Originally posted by Nubius
man I really don't want to remove my motherboard to put on another north bridge cooler you've seen my case pics, it's a pain in the BUTT to remove that thing. If I keep my NB at stock voltage it should be aright shouldn't it? BTW how are you recording your NB temps because I can't even read mine
stock voltage should be fine on the included cooler. i never even used it so i dunno how hot it gets. the day i got mne i pulled it off and put on a copper one b4 i installed it. my sensor for the NB is on the nforce2 SMbus LM75, speedfan detects it.
Old 12-06-2004, 02:46 PM   #45 (permalink)
Techie Beyond Description

hmm, well I'm using motherboard monitor 5 and my only choices are Winbond 3, Winbond 3 2N3904, or Winbond Diode.

If I choose winbond 3 it'll say -48C and if I choose either of the other two winbonds it says 127C and of course the motherboard monitor Alarm goes off. I have no idea where it's getting it's readings from, but it's sure not the NB lol.....Temps between -48C and 127C......lol somewhere in that small margin is my actual NB temp
Old 12-06-2004, 05:16 PM   #46 (permalink)
Monster Techie

http://www.almico.com/speedfan.php

try Speedfan, it recognizes my Chipset diode. Some other people with same board also have it detected. I only use MBM5 occasionally...
Old 12-07-2004, 10:16 AM   #47 (permalink)
Ultra Techie

the ram is a pull from a gateway system so oh well, perhaps it is gone for good i was planning on 500$ for purchases of stuff for my comp this christmas i guess ill just get some nice ram and a 6600gt instead of 6800gt like i planned... and as for northbridge cooling, why isnt the stock one enough? especially at stock voltage...? oh well im gonna clear my cmos and let it sit for another day then try again, if nothing then im gonna order some RAM maybe that stuff you wanted nubius

The World is my trashcan and i intend to fill it...
Closed Thread