My first build

Status
Not open for further replies.

gospel

In Runtime
I've been wanting to do this for awhile and saw a good deal on a case, mobo, power supply barebones kit and I bought it. I figured I would buy the other parts as I got the money. The next thing is a processor. The mobo is a Soyo K7VME. On the specs it says:

Processors Supported:
AMD Athlon XP up to 2600+
AMD Athlon XP up to 3000+

Front Side Bus:
266MHz FSB
333MHz FSB

I am supposing that this means it supports a Athlon XP up to 2600 with a 266mhz FSB and a Athlon XP up to 3000 with a 333mhz FSB?
If this is correct I was wondering which one you guys recommend? I will be using the computer for games and mixing and mastering recorded music. I don't really care about having a real speed burner. As for the games I will be getting a decent AGP video card (don't really care about one that cost $100s). I have been doing my game playing and music on a P4 2.5ghz w/512 PC2100 DDR RAM Compaq. I believe it is a 400mhz FSB. The mobo on the Compaq doesn't even have a AGP slot.
I guess the bottom line of what I am asking is what it would take to get as good as or a little better performance out of an AMD system and spend the least amount of money?

I've been thinking. Maybe this topic should be in the Hardware section?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom