MOBO Won't let me overclock

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Murphy

Baseband Member
I had recently overclocked my below specs to 3.6ghz and at first it wouldnt get to the windows loading screen so I turned up the voltage and it was fine, but when I went back to default clocks it won't let me overclock again. I can type in what I want to overclock to, but when I check CPU-Z it doesn't say its overclocking. Even in easytune it won't let me click on the overclock button or CIA. I'm guessing theres some setting on but I checked the manual and everything looks fine in BIOS.
edit:nevermind I unplugged the PSU and replugged it in, it seems to be good now

Sometimes when you push a system too far it will automatically revert back to stock clocks.

**sorry I reread that and I see that I didnt really answer what you asked, Have you tried just overclocking it a little and seeing if that works? It could still be you pushing the system too far.

you might have speed step on.. if you do, it'll lower your clock speed when idle and whatnot.. so check that out in your options

It should still turn on though...unless his OC is unstable, in which case the motherboard would automatically reset, which was already stated. You can always reset the CMOS when that happens. Just short out the pins or take out the battery.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom