Memory overclocking/dual channel

Status
Not open for further replies.

X2Xtreme360

In Runtime
This has more to do with dual channel configuration rather than overclocking my memory. I have the following installed in my PC;

-Ultra 512MB PC3200 DDR400 RAM
-PNY 512MB PC3200 DDR400 RAM
-ASUS P4P800-E Deluxe Motherboard

Question 1 - Can these two sticks of memory be compatible together to allow the dual channel RAM to be enabled? My motherboard supports dual channel.

My motherboard's memory slots are the following color's in order from left to right;

|Blue| |Black| |Blue| |Black|

Question 2 - Do I have to have the memory sticks installed in ONLY the blue slots or ONLY the black slots in order for the dual channel to be configured?

the sticks need to be indenticle....you MIGHT can get away with dual channel, so just try it out and see if it works.

As far as which slots, refer to your manual. Some boards have you put a stick in each color so one in blue and one in black...chances are that's what it is....blue would = channel A, and black would = channel B and hence the term 'dual channel'

my mobo was stupid and i had to put them in different color slots, but most mobos will have you put them in the same color slot which would be 1-3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom