How To Sleeve Your Cables And Wires

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, we tried it with Noga's wire sleeving and it took way to long and resorted to using a lighter real quick but that took too long, so we're going to have to get a mini blow torch.

turbo, good guide, however i just completly applied "wire management" to my computer, and i tried that "green cobra stuff" as my dad called it, and it was a pita.....i suppose it might work on fan wires, but on the mobo 12v 4 pin conector wires u havta use "wire loom" wich is plastic stuff with a slit on the side to slip wires into. All u need 8' of 1/2 in. and 8' of 3/8 in. tubing, and about 80 4" zip strip, ties, watever u wanna call them :p http://www.xoxide.com/wireloom.html i got mine at a local hardware store for .30c-.36c a foot :)
so a complete job only cost me under $10 :) i will post pics if any 1 wantsta see'em :)

I was going to go out and buy some of that wire loom. That stuff is nice to have around when doing electronics. Id like to see how you utilized them sbcirclepants.

i suppose it might work on fan wires, but on the mobo 12v 4 pin conector wires u havta use "wire loom" wich is plastic stuff with a slit on the side to slip wires into.

no you can use this as well, all you need is the set of molex extactors "pin remover" and you can take all the plugs off i.e. 24 pin main, 4 and 8 pin secondary, 4 pin molex, 4 pin floppy, 6 pin aux, 3 pin fan, etc, ALL OF IT can be done using my method, and i will have pics soon on here on how to do it to your power supply, and more. I HATE loom, that #$@% is a pain in the %^$ to work with and it looks like crap. I cant resist the look of sleeving with shrinktubing! looks so good!

Yea it got pretty hot but i still did it. It was like an oven. Im grateful i dont have central hearing or else it would have been super hot. My dining room is actualy kinda small and using the dryer on high like that really heated the air up quick. Still though, i didnt burn anything or shrink it to fast :D
A+ for thought, did it just get too hot?

lol...........my psu came with the mobo 24pinner already sleaved, i cant imagine removeing all them wires and putting theme back in lol if u screwed up, u would have a toasted system lol......btw, its a piece of cake to use loom once u get used to it, and its cheaper and faster, and looks fine imo.......bleakness, whered pzerofgh say that lol @@
Qoute (-----) btw, how much are these "pin extractors u have? i seen them for 10$ apiece (i done my complete sleeving job under $10 :)

i do not like loom, looks too much like plastic tubing, i like the way sleeving looks because you can still see the wires and also all my sleeving is UV, and i got all my extractors 4 total and tons of sleeving from a local store for 15 bucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom