HELP! temp

Status
Not open for further replies.

nOcLuE98

Biohazardous
I Dl'd speed fan, and it told me that my "internal temp" is 94! I am not doing anything hard work wise, so why is it that high?! Every other temp is good. really good. Why is this one so dag on high?

I need to bump this so I can get some suggestions. Please, is it thermal paste? new heatsink? what could be causing such a drastically high temp?

have you tried changing the heatsink? or removed/replaced the heatsink?

I am about to change the paste. I was just looking up how to clean it and apply new paste. I have some unopened Arctic Silver 5 High Density stuff. Will that do the trick?

well I am going to do that, so I dont know how long from now I will be back online, I have to take some stuff apart. be back in a little while to tell you guys whats up.

hmm, buy isopropyl alcohol from store (hardware store) you will be able to find sample soaked clothes

use that to clean the old mess of paste, and clean thoroughly the surface of the heatsink. DO NOT USE OIL BASED CLEANERS (like nail polish remover, perfumes etc). and after cleaning, do not as well try touching the surfaces with bare fingers as it will transfer a thin layer of your skin oils.

apply a rice grain amount of Arctic Silver on the CPU die, and twist the heatsink clockwise and then anti-clockwise slightly to assure no bubbles trapped.

once properly clipped, run your CPU for 15 mins on 100% load and then let it cool down on normal room temps (means shut it down for 2 hours)

restart again, use it and then cool it again. third time it will adjust the paste properly for optimum cooling.

wow, you lost me in that. I am on a laptop right now, but is 70% alcohol good enough?

2cd- how do I run 100% load? (I am very new at this stuff)
3rd- adjust the paste properly for optimum cooling?
4th - (worst one of them all) I am looking at my cpu, there is just a silver plate over it, where is the die?

and I think just for future, I am going to get a new heatsink. which one should I get? Intel socket 775. Best one.

Zalman CLPS-7500ALCu series (a mix of copper and aluminium) there are several models based on fan size (92mm - 120mm), so get a 92MM CU-AL, as it will be very good, as well as light enough not to tear of the socket brackets off your motherboard, and the open structure design cool your north bridge too. a well recommended design.

ADDITION: just been to their website and seen a newer model CNPS8700 NT, is 25gm less in weight, and i cannot believe its pure copper, as copper is tend to be heavy, may be an alloy. but is more promising.

ANOTHER ADDITION: same manufacturer different model "CNPS9500A LED", this comes out to be far most better at 530gms and you wont be requiring a case fan. as it will throw out CPU's heat plus systems's heat out with one fan.

70% alcohol good? I am about to start cleaning the heatsink, and how do I get to the die?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom