HD switch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clamato

Beta member
Howdy, I have 2 hd's. I had heard before, can't remember where. Where they made a physical switch, that if it was switched it would go to one drive, but if switched the other way, would go to the other. I would assume it would have something to do with the power going to one or the other. Do any of you know how to set up something like this? Or do you have any other ideas on how I could get the same results? THANKS!!

are you saying you want one drive to be the primary while the other is the slave? if so, check out the jumpers on the back of the hard drives =)

well, that's how they're set up now...my gf and I are planning on getting rid of her comp. We were planning on taking her hd and putting it in mine. We can have hers set up as a slave, but she'd rather have all her stuff totally seperate, and I think it'd be kinda cool I guess. We want an actual physical switch, where if it's switched to one side will have one hd acting as the only primary hd. But if switched to the other side, the other hd will be acting as the primary. With the other one completely not on. I know it'd be ten times easier to just set one up as the slave, but I'm a pain in the arse ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom