fan on top of pc case - Page 2 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Overclocking and Modding
Closed Thread
Old 01-04-2006, 04:38 PM   #11 (permalink)
The Water Cooling Guru

i would hope you have some kind of powered drill around the house

and basically find a neighbor for most of itthat what i did
and the hole saw was enough to cut 11 holes in my behemoth stell case so they last a while.

hole saws run about 30-40 bucks

If I help you with something, you think I'm the bomb, or you just like what I said, rep me by clicking the star under my post.

The Official Tech Forums Water Cooling Informational Guide
Old 01-04-2006, 05:32 PM   #12 (permalink)
True Techie

Unless you plan on doing a lot more modifications in the future I'd say the cost of BUYING the parts aspire mentioned isn't worth it(unless you're rich of course).

Old 01-04-2006, 05:46 PM   #13 (permalink)
Monster Techie
Send a message via AIM to 4W4K3

...It's easy as pie, even for a first time modder.

A pocket knife? HAH! Maybe if your case was made of very thin SECC material, or plastic, but ANY half-decent aluminum/steel case won't be cut with a knife.

I used a cordless dremel to cut my hole. Actually, a hole was too difficult and I did not have the proper tools being a first time modder. I cut a rectangle just inside of the mounting holes and it did well enough. Afte cutting, you sand it down with the proper dremel sanding bit and voila I was done. Didn't take long at all.

You can touch up the paint if you want, I chipped mine a bit. I also used a fan filter on top with some risers to cover up th ugly fan. Some people put a rubber rim around there cuts to make it safer/look nicer, jsut an idea.

<marquee scrollamount=\"1\" scrolldelay=\"8\" direction=\"up\" width=\"400\" height=\"65\" style=\"font-family: Verdana; font-size: 8pt\">
Compaq Presario V5000 laptop
Closed Thread