Computer doesn't want to overclock my E6300..

Status
Not open for further replies.
leje0306 said:
How the F*&($? I had to do a volt mod to go beyond 2.33 GHz on my 6300(of course I don't really know what I'm doin:)). What are your temps?

if you don't know what yer doin it was probably unwise to do a volt mod.
there's no way you should have to do it to get past 2.3ghz.

nagasama said:
if you don't know what yer doin it was probably unwise to do a volt mod.
there's no way you should have to do it to get past 2.3ghz.

Ya there is. Not all chips are the same, and definitely not all mobos are the same.

KingAustin said:
Ya there is. Not all chips are the same, and definitely not all mobos are the same.

no kiddin...
450-ish mhz?
that seems to be way below the average for the c2d...but whatever. i have been reading a lot of posts here on the forums about people having trouble ocing them.
so, i dunno...but it seems to me that the "i dont really know what im doing" would be much more likely the problem versus faulty equipment.

KingAustin said:
Alright, so all the parts in my sig are what I'm trying to overclock with, and it just wont budge. My friend has a very similar setup to mine, except he has ddr2 667 and a DS3 revision 2, while mine is revision 1. I understand quite a bit about overclocking and even set everything as he has set in his BIOS (I have the F10 BIOS btw) and it wont go. I've gone through and changed all the settings multiple times (at least 50 restarts with no success). My system is fine in every way, nothing is shorted on the motherboard, everything works just great, ran memtest overnight. the fker just wont overclock and it's ****ing me off so much!

Can anyone offer some advice?

I have almost the same setup, with the E6600 and the DS3 board, but only 1GB mem. With the C2D's known overclockabilities, it surprised me that I couldn't get mine past 2.7ghz stable. I tried 3.0ghz and I had to reset CMOS as well to get picture again on the screen. But I left the vcore untouched at ~1.31V, that's probably the problem. I didn't think I needed to up the voltage, but again, that's probably because I have no OC experience at all and didn't want to mess with it. I'm tempted to play with the vcore a little but I thought I better hold off until I get some feedback from the forums.

But then again......

Evergreen said:
I honestly wouldn't be worried about an aftermarket cooler until past 3.1ghz+ (That's my threshold for having to increase CPU Voltages)

I'm also on stock cooling, and it's running at 30C at 2.4ghz.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom