b1, my computer blew up...what do I do?

Status
Not open for further replies.
that its possible to over clock to reasonable temps with spending very little money hence stock cooling............... id you use stock thermal paste aswell???? and that cpu would get a little too hot for my tastes when on load

OK, now I believe it. Good job, nu2duo. Man....why can't khan do this...heh..

that its possible to over clock to reasonable temps with spending very little money hence stock cooling............... id you use stock thermal paste aswell???? and that cpu would get a little too hot for my tastes when on load

I know my #'s are no big deal, but keep in mind I have rather inexpensive parts. Stock cooling, cheap case, low end memory, $3 fans, and yet I'm able to achieve 3.4ghz.
My friends b1 and guru thought I was joking when I said I was using stock cooling and working with 3.4ghz. Anyway, the point is that it's very possible to oc an e6600 this high with stock cooling.

I want to point on thing out, last night I ran orthos for 1hr...then it crashed.
Thanks to b1 and guru, I now understand that 1hr or less w/orthos then crashing means it's unstable. However, I argue that my pc will less than likely ever work under ortho's kind of lstress. I do video editing and photoshop work(personal use) and under these workloads, my e6600 handles its business!!! So for my kind of everyday pc use, stock hsf and the temps I work with are very acceptable to me.

So again, I'm aware that 3.4ghz is nothing new. I'm not the first nor the last to do it.
Thanks again to b1 and guru...u guys made me push it this far. 8^)

P.S. Last night I pushed it to 3.5 for 10 min while surfing the net....but I'm very happy at 3.4....

the Ultra V Series isnt a crappy brand...

Really? You're about the only one here that has Ultra in their sig. I figured it was cheap since nobody I know buys Ultra. Good looking out though.

Hey b1, just looked at your pics at photobucket....you've got a bad a$$ case! Wire mngmt is really good. Those newb pics are funny.

I will add some pics of mine once done so probably 3-4years to go lol here is what it currently looks like as I made a "paper" panel to keep dust off whilst I am modding the real one.....

BTW I can't get the **** sound level indicator to work!!! Do cases have warranty's??? as I think the sound level indicator may of fried......... they probably wouldn't take my case back though as it looks like atm lol

here it is stock (didn't take any pics before I began modding):
Welcome to Thermaltake

here it is now (no wire management yet as I am going to take everything out for painting so no point managing wires):
computer001.jpg

I bet you wish you had a paper panel now
computer005.jpg

the square area above the optical drives has gone rusty now but its going to be part of my modding
computer002.jpg

look at those wires lol!!!
look at that second hdd bay on the crossover completely useless because of the graphics card!!!!!!!!
computer003.jpg

some of the parts are actually missing from the case as I needed them to practice my modding so I just removed chunks like the second cross over support

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom