Athlon64FX system help... - Page 2 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Overclocking and Modding
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 10-11-2004, 09:19 PM   #11 (permalink)
Techie Beyond Description

Quote:
MOBO: Abit AV8 3rd EYE (Best mobo for 939 period)
MSI Neo2-Platinum is also a good board. It doesn't have as many OC'ing options but still will provide solid stability. I'm currently putting together a computer with that mobo

Old 10-12-2004, 02:59 AM   #12 (permalink)
Ultra Techie

ok, one more question, not on this topic really. but you guys are so helpful ill ask anyways... ive got a semi-ok system right now, but its a gateway i bought off of a guy that needed money bad(got it for $400), it is a pentium 4 2.4 gigahertz, got a gig of ram, 9600 ati grafix card, want to know if i can get around the bios in some way to overclock the processor... any way to possibly flash the bios into something else and open possibilities...

The World is my trashcan and i intend to fill it...
Old 10-12-2004, 03:54 AM   #13 (permalink)
Techie Beyond Description

If the BIOS options aren't already present you can't, and being that you said it's a gateway I know it's not going to have OC'ing options. It's gateway brand motherboards so if you want to do any OC'ing you'll need a diff motherboard.
Old 10-12-2004, 03:27 PM   #14 (permalink)
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Nvidia fan boy

I would prefer the 6800GT and Corasir TwinX XMS DC DDR PC3200 Platinum. My Asus Mobo isnt bad either. I would prefer the Abit myself. For HD definately get 2 SATA drives and raid them. I did the same thing myslef.
Old 10-12-2004, 03:59 PM   #15 (permalink)
Ultra Techie

nvidiafanboy, perhaps you might be a bit biased on grafix card choices , but otherwise why dont you list clock speed in your sig, and why do you spend so much money man, those are some damn expensive things you got for the pc, is the lcd tv just for your comp? and why so much harddrive space? you do alot of video/graphical work or what? otherwise damn fine system... why not list your benchmarks? and do you overclock? also on the bios question, is there no way to flash this bios to make into basically a completely generic one?

Old 10-12-2004, 04:08 PM   #16 (permalink)
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Nvidia fan boy

Ok ill list clock speeds in a min. If you want the full story on my sys go to Holy Crap!!! And the LCD is only 30" and i have 2 of them. Where as the HD's are concerned, lets say i do alot of work w/ DVD's if you know what i mean. I dont know my benchmarks yet but im working on it and no i dont OC. I mean honestly do i really need to? Whereas the bios is concerned i have no idea. Sorry.
Old 10-13-2004, 02:19 AM   #17 (permalink)
Ultra Techie

ok man thanks alot for all the advice everyone, this is quite helpful forum, appreciate it all... i think ive decided to go with ATI x800, or MAYBE Geforce 6800GT, dont plan on building the system for atleast 2 months so maybe options will change quite a bit by then... thanks again and good night

Closed Thread