Another PC building Q, BIOS settings

Status
Not open for further replies.

sprtnbsblplya

Daemon Poster
Sorry I keep asking questions, I'm trying to get this new computer set up and running right for the first time...
So I have a Mobile Athlon XP in my Shuttle SN41g2 that supports up to 333 Mhz FSB processors, and my proc is a 266 Mhz FSB. So when I go into the BIOS to set it at 266 MHZ so I can get the performance that I paid for out of my proc, the highest the setting goes is only 200 Mhz, and thats on Expert mode.
I am running it alongside a 512 MB PC3200 stick of RAM.

Now I've heard that the system can't run at full speed if the integrated graphics are being used, but I thought that only applied to memory??

Is there something I'm doing wrong with the settings??

That 200 = 400MHz dude. DDR = double data rate, so you multiply that 200 by 2. If you were to put the processor at it's stock 266 you'd set it to 133, and if you were wanting it at 333FSB you'd set to 166MHz.

CPU-Z will show you this kind of info.

ok, so I set it at 133 FSB so it will work with my proc, now why in the heck cant my system freakin detect that its a 1.8 Ghz proc and not some stupid 1002 Mhz??? Even windows cant detect the correct speed!

You make sure your multiplier is set at 13.5 like it should be?

set it at 200 and it would be double your cpu..... Not a very good idea....
It's not double if original is at 133, besides it's a mobile dude. I got mine at 236MHz :D

Well it's pretty straight forward....theres only one option in the BIOS lol it should say 'Multiplier' pretty much :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom