8GB and overclocking - Page 5 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Overclocking and Modding
Closed Thread
Old 10-02-2008, 02:52 PM   #41 (permalink)
Ultra Techie
Default Re: 8GB and overclocking

well the thing is i had a rev 2.1 but when the pc shop was building it (yeah i know befor you say) they fried it, they got a hold of me and said the board isent working though our own foult and we will replace it with the exact same board

this is not the same board, that was rev 2.1, this is rev 2.0 not a lot of differance to a lot of people but it did in this case

i'm not that fussed anout that, i'm more in a mood for wasteing 30 because i didnt look at the board befor i went and got it

any way, i think where going to want 8gb in the next few years (2-3) because 4gb is standard now now when i got my first pc 128mb was standard and 256mb was a step up

it's always gone 128mb standard - 256mb better, 256mb standard - 512mb better, 512mb standard - 1gb better, 1gb standard - 2gb better, 2gb standard - 4gb better

thats just the time line i've seen over the last 8-10 years so it is going to come to custom builders soon and standard pc's a bit after that so it is comming

My new pc spec's ~

Case ~ nexus caterpilla
Mobo ~ Gigabyte GA~P35~DS3R Rev 2.0
CPU ~ Intel Q6600
HDD ~ 2 x 500gb western digital drives
Ram ~ 4GB worth (4 strips) of OCZ 2GB PC2-6400 Platinum Rev 2.0
PSU ~ Corsair 750TX
GPU ~ GTX 295

OS - Windows 7 Home 64-bit
Closed Thread